This is how e bike is making me a better rider.

motoadve

Jun 15, 2019
Washington
Long time Mt biker and former Pro Moto enduro racer.
Usually ride 4 times per week, now with the e bike that changed to 6 times per week.
Bought a Turbo Levo 2 weeks ago.
I Ride my regular Mt bike in the morning and the e bike in the afternoon.
Or make just an e bike ride triple in length and climb than my regular ride.

Takes discipline to ride my regular bike now, e bike is so much more fun.
But I have a bad knee and e bike dont work the quads as my regular bike, so I need to keep riding it.

E bike is cheating if you go slow, not compatible with regular Mt bikes, if you push it you work hard.

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Moving those extra kg does make a difference but like motoadve I come an enduro racing back ground and I considered my 100kg ktm exc 200 to be light and chuckable ?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Do you find an EMTB easier or harder to go quicker on? I found I was as tired from an Enduro bike as I was for the same length of time on an EMTB..

FYI though I’ve only had a couple of goes on an Enduro bike (Yamaha and a Husky 4 stroke)

motoadve

Jun 15, 2019
Washington
I find E bike goes faster downhill than a regular MTB, but is more tiring , less tiring than dirt bike.
Excellent cross training for both MTB and dirt bikes though.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Long time Mt biker and former Pro Moto enduro racer.
Usually ride 4 times per week, now with the e bike that changed to 6 times per week.
Bought a Turbo Levo 2 weeks ago.
I Ride my regular Mt bike in the morning and the e bike in the afternoon.
Or make just an e bike ride triple in length and climb than my regular ride.

Takes discipline to ride my regular bike now, e bike is so much more fun.
But I have a bad knee and e bike dont work the quads as my regular bike, so I need to keep riding it.

E bike is cheating if you go slow, not compatible with regular Mt bikes, if you push it you work hard.
cheating who?

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
I did National and Clubman Hare&Hounds on a 4T 400 Husaberg, my e-bike is practically “carbon” light compared to that ???
Some skills from mx & HH are transferable in my opinion , but finding the cornering much different, keep wanting to drop into the saddle and stick my inside leg forward ??

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
I did National and Clubman Hare&Hounds on a 4T 400 Husaberg, my e-bike is practically “carbon” light compared to that ???
Some skills from mx & HH are transferable in my opinion , but finding the cornering much different, keep wanting to drop into the saddle and stick my inside leg forward ??[/QUOTE

Yeah I still do that make my mates laugh when I revert to that ?

The thing I have most problems adapting to is jumping it just feels very different.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles