Tannus Tyre Armour , phew ?

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Took my time and they are “relatively” ?easy to fit, test time on Sunday ??
F180695A-A253-4197-8C24-757D9CBC0290.jpeg

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Deal, who’s going to own up though ??
I was tubeless but kept getting leaks, probably my fitting.

So, done these??

Last edited:

HIGHL4NDER

Jul 10, 2019
Scotland (nr Edinburgh)
18k up at glentress today, was very very surprised how easy it was to get it airborne! Landed 1 on a sneaky little pointy rock, had that moment of grimace waiting for the pop n whizz sound!

All good so far :)

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
“Glentress” a workmate if mine goes up there every autumn with his mtb.
He’s invited me up this year ?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I just fit one to the rear - it actually went on pretty easy. I did it the way tannus suggests - put armour in tyre, put partially inflated inner tube into tannus. Once the inner tube was in the tannus, I pumped it up pretty hard so that it was sitting straight, then let it down to just partially inflated. I also used some soapy water on the last bead to go on, don't think I needed it though. Pumped it up to 40psi to seat the bead properly, then let the air out so that it is pretty flat. It's blowing a gale here today so I won't pump it up till I'm ready to ride.

I'm only going to use this on really light tyres - I have a maxxis dhrII exo which is way too light to go tubeless. My replacement tyres when this wears out are 60 tpi - I'll try those tubeless again because they are a bit heavier. The tannus seems like a good option to have for those really light weight sidewall tyres which might work out a lot cheaper than buying the heavier sidewall counterparts - just another possibility.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles