Tall Guy from Canada

Aberfoyle

Jun 5, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I'm 6'5" tall and am interested in the Turbo Levo Comp e-bike, but not sure if the XL is large enough for my frame. Inseam 35/36" same with sleeve length. The Trek e-bike XL is supposed to be ok for riders a shade over 6'5" but the reach is only 473cm while the Levo is 480cm. The geometry and style of bike is probably different which I don't know how it affects the sizing. Any thoughts?

conman

Jun 1, 2019
Keswick
I'm new here and in the same boat as you, 6'5" with 36" inseam. It's hard to get an idea how the bike will feel for size just by looking at the numbers. I'm going to Edinburgh later this month and a shop there currently has a base XL Levo for demo, hopefully they'll still have it. Unfortunately I couldn't make the YT demo days recently, they have an XXL Decoy with a 495 reach.

Aberfoyle

Jun 5, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Good luck with the demo, let me know how it works out. The Trek on paper says their XL is good for riders up to 6'5.2", but the reach is 473mm so that confuses me, but I'm not sure how the geometry works to size a good fit. I was thinking of the Decoy as well but would prefer the Levo if it fits.

Mark S

Oct 14, 2018
Brisbane
I'm 6'5" tall and am interested in the Turbo Levo Comp e-bike, but not sure if the XL is large enough for my frame. Inseam 35/36" same with sleeve length. The Trek e-bike XL is supposed to be ok for riders a shade over 6'5" but the reach is only 473cm while the Levo is 480cm. The geometry and style of bike is probably different which I don't know how it affects the sizing. Any thoughts?
I've been researching MTB geometry as I believe I'm almost too big for 21" so the 21"geometry has to be right. I'm no expert (would love to find one) but my impression is that the effective top tube length plus stem length (it might be called the overall reach) is important, perhaps more so for the tall as there is perhaps more risk for us that we end up with a frame that is too small rather than too large. My crotch to floor is 36.6", side of chest to middle of my hand is 27". For handling, max stem length should be no more than about 55mm. A good overall reach measure for me is 690 - 700, suggesting that without other geometry measures that offset a relatively short ETT (perhaps one might be a longer stack), EET's of under 640 are too short for me. I'm only 6'2.5", just with especially long gets and arms, so your minimum ETT length might be another 15-20mm.
Cheers
Mark

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
That size should be fine. I'm 6'5" with a 36 inseam and long arms and the XL Levo fits me perfectly with a 50mm stem, a 38mm rise x 800mm wide bar and the seat almost fully back on the rails.

Martins8

Jul 15, 2019
East Sussex
Hi I have a 2019 Turbo Levo in XL and I’m
6ft 6ins tall it fits me pretty well, and feels larger the some other bikes I tried and owned. I’ve fitted 50mm riser bars x 800 mm wide and that works for me. Try and have a go on one. Good luck

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
500mm on these. Says they’re available August 15.
COMMENCAL 2020 | META POWER 29 RIDE

I see some new levo’s for sale from a shop in Calgary and Airdrie as well for a good price. Their ads are in the pinkbike buy n sell ebike section.
I’m not sure how the devinci’s fit in an xl (DaVinci has fitted small in the past) but I demoed the ac yesterday and other than crappy guide t brakes it was a great ride. Very capable bike. They’re coming out with a new bike soon and they said there’s deals to be had on current stock around this time of year

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles