Suspension bearing advice needed!

peanutome

May 10, 2020
UK West Sussex
Does anybody have an actual list of the bearing numbers and sizes for all the pivot points on a 2019 Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SL 500 27.5?
Don't really want to strip the bike down to find the numbers then order bearings, would rather order in advance.
Looking to buy bearings of my choice rather than direct from Cube.

Regards
David

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
This is a list of bearings I purchased for my Cube Action Team having striped the thing down, measured and used code on bearing to source new, 2 caveats;
1- I haven’t fitted them yet, so can’t guarantee I’ve bought the right ones (although I’m confident)
2- Not sure if they are the same for your bike, but the frames look the same

Description Unit price Qty Amount

688-LLU-MAX (Enduro) Item Number 688-LLU-MAX (Enduro) £3.66 GBP 4 £14.64 GBP

6000-LLU MAX (Enduro) Item Number 6000-LLU MAX (Enduro) £4.33 GBP 2 £8.66 GBP

6800-LLU MAX (Enduro) Item Number 6800-LLU MAX (Enduro) £3.66 GBP 6 £21.96 GBP

With hindsight I probably should have gone for the SS option, as the reason for change was water / dirt ingress which has caused some corrosion. The SS option is less likely to corrode therefore making future cleaning / regressing a more plausible option.

Last edited:

peanutome

May 10, 2020
UK West Sussex
This is a list of bearings I purchased for my Cube Action Team having striped the thing down, measured and used code on bearing to source new, 2 caveats;
1- I haven’t fitted them yet, so can’t guarantee I’ve bought the right ones (although I’m confident)
2- Not sure if they are the same for your bike, but the frames look the same

Description Unit price Qty Amount

688-LLU-MAX (Enduro) Item Number 688-LLU-MAX (Enduro) £3.66 GBP 4 £14.64 GBP

6000-LLU MAX (Enduro) Item Number 6000-LLU MAX (Enduro) £4.33 GBP 2 £8.66 GBP

6800-LLU MAX (Enduro) Item Number 6800-LLU MAX (Enduro) £3.66 GBP 6 £21.96 GBP

With hindsight I probably should have gone for the SS option, as the reason for change was water / dirt ingress which has caused some corrosion. The SS option is less likely to corrode therefore making future cleaning / regressing a more plausible option.

Many thanks for the reply and details - the frames do look similar so would hopefully be a good assumption that the bearings are the same.
The entire collection of bearings listed is still cheaper than buying bearings for one linkeage from Cube and better quality. I think it's worth the risk.

Many thanks again!

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Many thanks for the reply and details - the frames do look similar so would hopefully be a good assumption that the bearings are the same.
The entire collection of bearings listed is still cheaper than buying bearings for one linkeage from Cube and better quality. I think it's worth the risk.

Many thanks again!
You could simply remove a couple of the small bolts at the rear of the assembly (close to the rear wheel axle) which reveal the seal. Also at the rear of the swing arm (opposite end to the shock bolt) as these are all relatively easy to access. There will be a code on the seal, so you can check against my list.

peanutome

May 10, 2020
UK West Sussex
You could simply remove a couple of the small bolts at the rear of the assembly (close to the rear wheel axle) which reveal the seal. Also at the rear of the swing arm (opposite end to the shock bolt) as these are all relatively easy to access. There will be a code on the seal, so you can check against my list.
Sounds like a plan - do I need to release the pressure from the rear shock before removing bolts - i.e. is the assembly under any tension from the shock?

Last edited:

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Sounds like a plan - do I need to release the pressure from the rear shock before removing bolts - i.e. is the assembly under any tension from the shock?
I’d leave the shock well alone and connected. Remove the bolts at the opposite end of the swing arm to the shock, (behind the seat tube) and the bolts nearest the rear wheel axle. These are all relatively easy to remove and access bearings.

1589197882150.jpeg

Dave160sl

Apr 17, 2019
Yorkshire
Does anybody have an actual list of the bearing numbers and sizes for all the pivot points on a 2019 Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SL 500 27.5?
Don't really want to strip the bike down to find the numbers then order bearings, would rather order in advance.
Looking to buy bearings of my choice rather than direct from Cube.

Regards
David
Hi, I have the same bike as you. I was just wondering if you managed to source new bearings and if so where you got them from. It’s mainly the main pivot bearing that needs changing on mine but will do them all. I’ve looked all over on internet can’t seem to find the right ones. Many thanks.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Have a look here...

You should see on the bearing seal the number of the bearing i.e 6800 which you can type into the search box to find the one you are looking for.

I haven't personally used them, but have read nothing but good things with their service.

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
A real bearing extraction tool is worth every penny also. Nothing sucks more than leaving the outer race stuck in there after hammering one out. And I grease everything on reassembly so the bearings don't get stuck.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles