Sunrace cassette blew up

Randomdave

Dec 19, 2021
Woodstock, ga
I've got about 300 miles on my Wild FS and this happened.....
IMG_3858.jpeg

Replaced with a SRAM NX. I'm not a fan of HG freewheels, but until I can replace the wheelset with a good CK or Hope set, gotta live with it. Good times.

Randomdave

Dec 19, 2021
Woodstock, ga
Oh here's a much better picture. Should have posted this instead. So the 5 & 6 cogs just broke off the spindle... Crazy! I'd like to say it's because I have giant muscle bound tree trunk legs, but nah, this wasn't because of my bird-legs. Starting to think that Sunrace POS just wasn't built for emtb.
IMG_3862.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
It can happen on any cassette if you are unlucky. I had an XT 10 speed cassette fail when the rivets on the middle cluster failed and gears 23 & 26 were loose. Replaced under warranty despite having 1345 miles on it. CRC had a two-year warranty on all Shimano components. All handled by email and with pics. I didn't even have to send back the failed cassette.

XT (2).JPG

MikeL_mtb

Feb 15, 2022
New York
Nice job, I've bent cogs on sunrace cassettes without an ebike, but never seen the spider fail. I wonder if the BOX version of their stuff is made to any higher standards, their stuff is ok, but you get what you pay for.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles