STEPS / Bluetooth poor connectivity?

Aug 26, 2022
United Kingdom
I am having persistent issues whereby the connection between my Rise and Garmin Edge 1040 keeps dropping out and therefore the STEPS data is not consistently being shown?
It will reconnect, given time, however it is very annoying and nothing I have done so far has resolved the issue.
All firmware is up to date, sensors have been deleted and reinstalled, data screens and STEPS Metrics have been configured correctly.
Is there an issue with the Bluetooth signal from the Rise??
Any ideas?
Nickj

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
My 530 has no issues staying connected for 7+ hours so I wouldn't think it's an inherent problem with the Rise. Although that's not to say there's not a problem with your rise.

I'd try pairing your phone and using St Ride or something for your logging and see if you get a reliable connection. If you do, it's a garmin issue If you don't, it's the bike.

In fact, St ride gives you an audible message when the connection is lost so you could just pair it up and leave it connected while you watch the TV or whatever. See if it drops out. Depending on whether or not you can get away with the bike in the house lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles