SRAM T type cassette.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Does anyone know if anything is missing here. The T type cassette is torqued down but will just lift out
probable taking the XD free hub with it. Is there a cap missing or is this normal? It works ok.

IMG_6874.jpeg IMG_6873.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
that is normal with most hubs
not if the end cap is properly designed and fitted/maintained. The end cap should provide some resistance to coming off the axle.........it also provides the end seal. On my Dt Swiss hubs it usually requires adjustable pliers with a piece of cloth wrapped between the jaws to remove the end cap. So you should be able to unscrew the cassette and remove it whilst the frehub/ratchet stays in place until you remove the end cap.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Tools should not be required to remove a driver…

View attachment 147999
As I said I have DT Swiss hubs/ratchet freehub so dont know if the end cap fitting is the same on others...but on the DT Swiss the end of the end cap has a thin metal rim and that "clicks into place. Maybe with sticky rubber gloves it can be removed by hand but for removal it has to levered to one side and then pull and there is not much to grip onto.....when replacing it needs a tap to click that thin metal rim into place. There is a rubber ring seal on the inside of the cap....that should be greased. I have 2 bikes with the DT Swiss 350 hybrid hubs and owned another with the same set up previously.....all the same.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles