Sram GripShift

AdrianWindo

Apr 14, 2019
UK
I struggled with the SRAM trigger shifter on my 2019 Levo Expert, it was aggravating the muscles in my thumb (I’m old). I recently fitted an XX1 grip shifter (on offer at Wiggle, 50 percent off) which has transformed the situation . Slick product, great gear change.

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
Yay happy to see another grip shift user on here. I swapped my meta over to gripshift before the first ride. Been riding gripshift for more than 20 years. I find is so much better than triggers. Btw the grips that seam includes suck the are tapered towards the end of the bar. I had lots of numbness issues until I changed them out to a more conventional shaped grip.

AdrianWindo

Apr 14, 2019
UK
Yay happy to see another grip shift user on here. I swapped my meta over to gripshift before the first ride. Been riding gripshift for more than 20 years. I find is so much better than triggers. Btw the grips that seam includes suck the are tapered towards the end of the bar. I had lots of numbness issues until I changed them out to a more conventional shaped grip.
Yes the grips arent great - i need to look into options

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I struggled with the SRAM trigger shifter on my 2019 Levo Expert, it was aggravating the muscles in my thumb (I’m old). I recently fitted an XX1 grip shifter (on offer at Wiggle, 50 percent off) which has transformed the situation . Slick product, great gear change.
Were you able to use the original cable or at least the housing or did you need to thread the new housing/cable all the way through the frame and past the motor?

jaggysnake

Jul 5, 2019
uk
They come with a inner just thread that through to rear , lube it up first bit of oil on a rag works

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
I used the old, OEM cable housing but threaded a new shifter cable through since it is easier to set up the shifting with a little longer cable so you can pull on the end of it after threading it through and cinching it down. Very hard to thread the old shifter cable with all of the kinks in it at the end where it twists through the derailer housing.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I used the old, OEM cable housing but threaded a new shifter cable through since it is easier to set up the shifting with a little longer cable so you can pull on the end of it after threading it through and cinching it down. Very hard to thread the old shifter cable with all of the kinks in it at the end where it twists through the derailer housing.
?

Baba

Aug 11, 2019
anacortes, WA
Running the same XXI grip shifter as well because of a bit of arthritis in the thumb from an old injury, that was aggravated by trigger shifters. Will never go back. I love my grip shift!
Just ordered for my poor arthritic thumb! Hope I like, way cheaper than electronic!!!!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles