Specialized won't reply to phone or ticket

happybutsad

May 14, 2020
Las Vegas
I sent in a support ticket last Monday at specialized.com since they are not answering their phones. I did not get an email confirmation with a ticket number that the confirmation page said I would receive. I sent another ticket in as a test and got the confirmation number and then I realized that if you write more than a couple of sentences or so, you will not receive a confirmation email with a ticket number. Anyways, the ticket has yet to be responded to in regard to the blown motor on my Turbo Levo. I choose to go with specialized because I thought they put their customers first but am now having regrets. I can understand the backlog due to the current pandemic but 10 days with no response seems unacceptable. Does anyone know a better way to get in touch with someone in their warranty/parts department?

happybutsad

May 14, 2020
Las Vegas
Try going through the dealer that you purchased the bike from if they are open?

I am but the dealer wasn't able to get it covered since it was a couple of months past the 2 year warranty. I was hoping that specialized was able to make an exception after explaining to them the situation. Regardless, just having to wait for 10+ days for them to respond is unacceptable, I rather they just come back and say no so I can decide if I want to raise money to dish to the dealer or just take the bike back and ride it without the motor since I cannot afford the replacement cost right now with no job. Kind of left me in a limbo.

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
It seems like they aren't all working. I don't get it. My son works at a bike shop in California and they have been working 7 days a week and never stopped.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
They're not running full staff at the moment due to that Covid thing. Some people have heard of it.

@Specialized Rider Care might be able to help you, but again, expect a delay in response because they're short staffed and flat out.

You also might want to stop spamming or delete your posts saying the same thing on every specialized thread as all you'll do is pi55 everyone off, it won't magically get you help faster.

Oh the bright side, sit back and relax, I'm sure they'll sort you out one way or another, just be patient.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hi @happybutsad - Firstly sorry to hear that your Levo has an issue, depending on your purchase date and the issue you're experiencing I can't promise that this can be treated as a warranty issue but am happy to look into it. Will send you a PM.

Secondly, apologies that no-one has got back to your request yet. Anyone in the bicycle industry right now is experiencing unprecedented demand for sales & service (retailers are busier than ever, online sales are exploding, old bikes are coming out of garages for the first time in years) - as a result we're speaking to more riders than ever before in the history of our business. In the US our rider-direct contact volumes are 4 times higher than usual (for anyone that has ever worked in a service environment you'll know how it feels when you're 30% busier - but 300%...). All of our staff are working from home, long hours & doing their very best to catch up - but I am sorry that we didn't get to this one in time.

Bmwgsboy

Aug 26, 2019
USA
I too haven’t been able to reach specialize been trying to call them for three weeks now, regarding on a purchase that I want to make, unfortunately most of these bike shops that are specialized dealers really don’t want to deal with Ebikes to them it’s just a nuisance they need to learn about them. This is in the US which the popularity isn’t there, so they really don’t care. And every bike shop that I know they don’t even have bikes in stock because of what’s going on with this pandemic everybody’s buying bikes so I really don’t
Understand how specialized it’s not at full capacity at least with answering their phones, I’m at a point I might just order something online and they will warranty issues myself.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles