Specialized turbo connect display unit

Gabypb

Nov 8, 2019
Ecuador
Yes!
TCD and MC get the data from the bike‘s TCU, which receives faked data from the speed sensor.
Hi, can I pair a Wahoo speed sensor to my Levi’s Mission Control app?
I’m thinking that if I could do this, I might be able to get the correct speed and distance despite having changed the wheels circumference data to waive the speed limit.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I use Garmin 820. On my other ebike I was used to a display and missed not knowing battery use and support level. The e bike field app for Garmin works great. The advantages of having a dedicated GPS are much better battery life, more crashproof, and more functions, certainly better than Mission Control, which seems to crash regularly. The Garmin records all rides very accuratelyand then uploads them to Strava via Garmin connect. I find it hard to follow a route on the Garmin because the screen is small and the map not that good. This is when I do use my phone, but I’m nervous about damaging it. For any route I use a Swiss app called Swiss mobility, which is fantastic; easy to import GPX routes, or create them on proper Swiss maps, all for fr30 a year. It’s easy to follow a route as you can always see where you are. (I am a Swiss Mountain guide and I hardly use paper maps any more). I guess the same thing exists for U.K. OS maps. For anywhere else, Pocket Earth has pretty good topographical maps, and again you import GPX routes (there are various apps to plot routes) and see where you are. For all of these, you can download the maps into your phone so you are not reliant on phone signal.

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
I use a Garmin 1030, brilliant tool and way smaller than a phone on the handlebar. The way I sometimes crash, a phone would not last long......

View attachment 18277

Karsten
Are you still using the 1030? As I understand it you can’t connect it to the Levo to get the Mission Control or BLEvo to work correct? I am amazed that Specialized has not partnered with Garmin to give us an all in one unit with Strava and Maps combined with Mission Control.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Are you still using the 1030? As I understand it you can’t connect it to the Levo to get the Mission Control or BLEvo to work correct? I am amazed that Specialized has not partnered with Garmin to give us an all in one unit with Strava and Maps combined with Mission Control.
That is correct understood, you need a phone for MC or BLevo. However there are apps for the Garmin where you can retrieve the bike info like mode and battery status.

Karsten

Jduca

Dec 22, 2019
Usa
Maybe I should start a new thread....but my question is “ Where does the TCD get its info from”. Mine keeps freezing up and even when stopped it shows me traveling at a speed. So my distance is wrong. Sometimes the speedo function will freeze at a random amount and then like a minute later it comes alive again. My LBS actually replaced the unit but it’s still doing the same thing.

i read that there are sensors so place on the bike...maybe?

Choc3

Apr 10, 2020
Scotland
Garmin Fenix 5x it gives you all the information plus map, connects, in my case to Levo for cadence and power for more information.

Seb

May 16, 2020
Netherlands
Does anyone know if the TCD mount also fits Garmins? I like the design of the TCD mount as it puts the computer nicely above the stem but prefer to continue to use my Garmin.

SLOTownLevo

Sep 19, 2020
San Luis Obispo
Hi, I'd be interested in the mount if you can locate it. Although shipping it to the States may cost more than just buying new...

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark

Damon Hart

Nov 4, 2019
Brighton
I think that is due to the wheel circumference set by your LBS in mission control app.
My circumference I got set to 2000mm and under reads by about 10%.
the advantage is that the assist cuts out at about 17mph :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles