• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Specialized engine is running hot

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
Lately I noticed that my engine temperature runs hot quite quickly above 70°, even on 35% assistance. I am using the Blevo app for years now and it only had engine message in turbo before on large climbs. My question: is 75° hot or normal and is this a problem for the engine. Does the Brose engine have a cut off by high temperature.
I was wondering if anybody else out there has the same issue.

CalebDC

Jul 17, 2024
San Diego, CA
Depending on the ambient temperature, you are more prone to overheating. I have not had a Brose motor overheat on me personally but working on gen3 turbo levo bikes, there is a possibility for a lot of dirt and debris to be stuck in the motor cover. Such debris can act as an insulator which can increase temperatures inadvertently. For most newer motor systems, many manufacturers have temperature protection built in which prevents any damage. I would check in on it periodically. Happy Trails!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles