Something Coming From YT On Friday Apparently...

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
I dont think its an error. The photos back up the description. Can clearly see the trail switch on the 38.

I agree that the photo shows the trail switch and I am a bit surprised that YT is not using the Grip2. One has to hope its just an early promo pic (more likely just a model to slot into the 2021 range)

If I was dropping over $9000 (CDN price after taxes) I would definitely want a Grip2 (with a 44mm offset as well) (y)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think what's far more important is the question why don't fox make a Lady's specific fork ?

For starters it could be called the "Foxy Lady" . Damping and spring rates would be designed around making the larger chested lady more comfortable.

To set it aside visually, it should probably be an upside down fork.

Then they could sell it with the TIT1 (Totally Inverted Telescopic) and TIT2 dampers.

At the same time, I think this would appeal to a lot of male ebikers who are packing uncomfortable moobs.

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
This seems to be a trend now in the bike industry to offset rising production costs (try to keep the bikes the same price as previous years by using lower spec'd components).

One of the big selling points of YT is/was the ability to buy a bike that requires very few upgrades in component spec. Now we are starting to see YT spec components as well (ie seatpost ... which looks pretty good aesthetically anyway)

Perhaps "the times are a changing" (using your best Bob Dylan Voice here)

IMO ... $9000 should justify a Fox 38 Grip 2 fork coming stock on the bike.:coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The "shred" model of Capra and Decoy are clearly marketed towards folk wanting a more burly longer travel bike with a preference for riding drops and jumps. Whether the coil shock and stiffer fork chassis is worth it is entirely down to the prospective customer.
I'm guessing this isn't you. or your 63yr old father.

This guy gets it

Last edited by a moderator:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
For actual shredders, yeah. it might be.
The "shred" model of Capra and Decoy are clearly marketed towards folk wanting a more burly longer travel bike with a preference for riding drops and jumps. Whether the coil shock and stiffer fork chassis is worth it is entirely down to the prospective customer.
I'm guessing this isn't you. or your 63yr old father.

This guy gets it

I think it's quite obvious it's me !

Boost on the descent, bike and rider seem constantly all over the place, completely looses his grip at one point .. all classic Zim.

It's obviously not a real decoy though. Zero insisted on his "decoys are sh1t" and "Shimano is sh1t" thread that decoys can't jump.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Step 1 Be a decent DH shredder in the first place
Step 2 set air pressure and rebound
Step 3 ride

MOAR of step 1 & 2 = less need for anything more complicated in step 2

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Zimmer, sometimes you‘re brilliant.
But most of the time not ! :)

Remember its 2020 so you have to also make a specific setup for those who are gender neutral.

I know .. I'm glad I'm not in the marketing department !

Imagine trying to invent a fork which can be installed Right way up and upside down !

Or the dynamic problems engineering a fork with one leg right way and one leg upside down .... which has to either appear normal or upside down depending on the end users preferences.

Phew, there's a lot of complicated issues to overcome in the future of MTB.

Kentish

Nov 5, 2019
Kent
Well this turned into a mess.

Can I delete the whole thread mods?

Mod : Thread has just been cleaned.. is it ok now ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sorry @Kentish

Imna just leave this here...

skip to 12min 39s

I'm not trying to re-kindle any kind of bizarre Fit1 Vs Fit2 fanboi war here.
Simply trying to let folk know that MOAR adjustability is not always an actual UPGRADE.
Personal preference ALWAYS plays a major part in suspension settings.
and far too many folk go out and buy the latest most expensive suspension components they can without any real clue as how to set them up.
clue: You can't set up a fork damper correctly from settings you've read online. But you CAN set it up BADLY very easily from that same information. Especially with 4 times the adjustment

Decoy "shred" seems a pretty good buy to me if you're a hard hitting, drop hucking, big gap kinda rider.

If you buy one and then struggle with little jumps in flat midlands woods it's 100% NOT because of the fork damper

Laner2t

Jun 27, 2020
Fod
I pre ordered a pro race, then a week later the shred was released.
Instantly changed my order, 600 quid cheaper, and a beast of a bike.
Full stop.
Haha.
Roll on start of August.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles