• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

So, did you keep or sell your non eMTB? Any regrets?

Al-ec

Subscriber
Mar 4, 2024
West Wales
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm still in the honeymoon period and could do with some collective wisdom about whether people ever regularly rode the non eMTB they hung onto or whether they regretted selling.
I am totally loving having an eMTB, way more than I expected and when I've tried riding what up until a few months ago was a great MTB (Cotic Flaremax Gen4). It has felt hard work, less rewarding and not really that motivating. My rigid steel 29er bike packing bike still feels different enough and covers other sorts of riding so that is staying but I'm not sure I'm ever going to regularly ride the Cotic again.
It seems daft to hang onto something when someone else could be having a blast on it and I'm unlikely to. Does this change? My riding has been tailing off over the last few years as has my enjoyment of it but I'm totally loving riding the eMTB (Haibike Lyke) and riding more than I have in ages. It's like all the best bits of riding with the misery and suffering reduced to an option if you really want it. I'm guessing this is not an uncommon experience, so what is peoples experience about what happens next? Do you generally go back to much non eMTBing? Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
I did 3 hours on the Eeb yesterday being coached, followed by 3 hours on the manual for coaching. The eeb did help with fatigue, along with allowing more laps of certain features.
I enjoyed both bikes equally though in truth, i'd happily ride either.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'm nearly 60. And the EBike significantly reduces recovery time.

I can put in a big day and wake the next day not feeling wrecked. Meaning I can ride more often, without impacting the other sports I participate in, and activities I need to get done.t

I just done 3 hours at Tarland still fresh. In fact Drummond 71 has battery left so he's away checking out the other Tarland trail place a mile down the road. Brilliant

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles