Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Bikester/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Not sure it will be clear what happens to various brands like Nukeproof until the IP purchase details are published. The purchase may not include all of CRCWiggle IP. I can see how clothing brands like DHB could be integrated into Sports Direct because all you need is ownership of the designs. Not sure how a bike brand could be assimilated by say Evans without also taking on the design and support team. A bike brand is much more than a name.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Not sure it will be clear what happens to various brands like Nukeproof until the IP purchase details are published. The purchase may not include all of CRCWiggle IP. I can see how clothing brands like DHB could be integrated into Sports Direct because all you need is ownership of the designs. Not sure how a bike brand could be assimilated by say Evans without also taking on the design and support team. A bike brand is much more than a name.
...could go the way Muddy Fox went?

johnnystorm

Jun 19, 2023
Suffolk, UK
The various design staff have announced on LinkedIn, etc. that everyone has been let go, beyond a skeleton crew in the warehouse to handle the last few sales. When Ashley took over Evans they carried on selling Pinnacle bikes to the same design as pre-takeover with no changes until they were obsolete and quietly dropped them. Maybe Nukeproof will live on for a season or two more in the same fashion but they're a bit niche for the usual Ashley owned brands.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles