Shoes.

Eeh (bah gum) biker

Jul 5, 2018
Sheffield
20479_678.jpg
These are due out anytime - Vaude MOAB mid ...... my orders going for a pair
Now showing as available on line via Vaude.com site - Just gone for it and ordered a pair from them.
* product will be sent out from UK based agent so returns should not be an issue*

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I feel as though I probably should have elaborated...

Has anyone got anything to say about their shoes?
Is there a noticeable difference from a pair of skate shoes?
Skate pumps have too much flex in them generally. There are some that offer a stiffer sole. I had some duffs that worked a treat. £23 delivered. Rode them for 18m. My favourites were Teva links, but Teva stopped making them for some crazy reason. Had a few of those. Got 5.10s now they're good, the stiffness takes a little getting used to. Also has spesh 2fo but they were even stiffer, far too stiff that created a vagueness in pedal feel. So yeah, tried quite a few in the last 6 years

Binned these last year..
IMG_20180125_124309015.jpeg

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
More so design, effectively what I want is a winter SPD boot with a flat sole. I've got some old MW02's which would be great, not sure what the resoling process does but that could be an angle. I have fabric GTX boots with a sole shape similar and they're good for me (YMMV). They do get a bit waterlogged though, which is why the leather/neoprene thing appealed.

gunshot72

Jan 13, 2019
Rushden, UK
I'm using Northwave Outcross Plus GTX, which are great and waterproof! They can be used either with cleats for clipless, or a rubber attachment instead of cleats to make them flats instead.

View attachment 10455
However, I doubt they are warmer than walking boots. They do have a stiffer sole, which works better for cycling. For warmer feet I use Hot Hands Foot Warmers - you can just stick them to your socks on top of the toes.

I use these as well. Not the warmest but certainly the driest. Coupled with a neoprene overshoe my feet stay very warm though, even if it looks weird. I know a lot of vain people hate overshoes! I also wear Gore C5 Active Trail gore-tex trousers which keep any amount of water out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles