Shoes

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Why can't I find shoes that have straps over the laces? I have some 5.10 FreeRider shoes. They are comfy and stick to the pedals but I'm conscious of the very long laces perhaps getting caught in a pedal. All the shoes I can find with straps are clipless. Is there a reason or are there flatties with lace covers out there?

Al

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Check this out for a few good and maybe not so serious solutions; ?

If you use the search option there's probably more threads

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Why can't I find shoes that have straps over the laces? I have some 5.10 FreeRider shoes. They are comfy and stick to the pedals but I'm conscious of the very long laces perhaps getting caught in a pedal. All the shoes I can find with straps are clipless. Is there a reason or are there flatties with lace covers out there?

Al
Did you purposefully sit there all day just so you could make that post at 5:10 ??

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
F@@k laces

Wanted a pair of these for a while, but given I already have way too many bike shoes and the price I haven't pulled trigger as yet

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
F@@k laces

Wanted a pair of these for a while, but given I already have way too many bike shoes and the price I haven't pulled trigger as yet
I think the fact that they come in "baltic sea" which is 100% compatible with the @R120 colour scheme ... means that price no longer enters the equation ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It looked really cool for anyone on Central European Time ..

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 19.26.53.png

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet

Al
lace the top two eyelets opposite direction and tie your laces BEHIND the tongue, then tuck them in.
(They'll look like the last pair of 5:10s in R120s post above)
Shimano do flat pedal shoes with laces covers

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Crikey that sounds a bid "old school". I've got an old Mountain biking book in my bookcase and that advises mountain biking in wellies! My how things change.
Al

Steve Jones on the EMTB YT channel used to ride in wellies, however either because it's summer or that they couldn't get a sponsorship deal with Hunter or Barbour he's wearing normal MTB footwear now;

Annotation 2020-06-20 144602.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles