Shock pumps

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Tbh there all much of a muchness, just use the same one to maintain your shock/fork & you’ll be fine.
You’ll look and many brands will use the same design rebranded..
I’ve bought/worn out a few over the years & am currently using a high pressure RockShox pump, as my RS shock runs over 300psi you get on normal ones. You can get digital ones, no loss versions.. save your cash & buy a stock stand one

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Tbh there all much of a muchness, just use the same one to maintain your shock/fork & you’ll be fine.
I’ve bought/worn out a few over the years & am currently using a high pressure RockShox pump, as my RS shock runs over 300psi you get on normal ones. You can get digital ones, no loss versions.. save your cash & buy a stock stand one
Just getting in to the shock side on emtb was looking at a topeak dxg im running fox front and rear shock cheers

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Just getting in to the shock side on emtb was looking at a topeak dxg im running fox front and rear shock cheers

Topeak products are good. Go for it.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Under pressure! 15 shock pumps in review | ENDURO Mountainbike Magazine

the last lines from the Conclusion -

"... Topeak’s Pocket shox DXG, on the other hand, scores well here. At € 39.95 it’s the cheapest standard-sized pump in the test field, has a small pack size while delivering a convincing performance with a user-friendly and analogue display that is accurate and easy to read. Thus, the Pocketshox DXG secures both the Best in Test as well as the Best Value Tip of this group test!"

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Defiantly get a digital shock pump. Analogue gauges are hard to read a few psi at a time. Like 135psi will look like it’s anywhere from 132-138psi.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Under pressure! 15 shock pumps in review | ENDURO Mountainbike Magazine

the last lines from the Conclusion -

"... Topeak’s Pocket shox DXG, on the other hand, scores well here. At € 39.95 it’s the cheapest standard-sized pump in the test field, has a small pack size while delivering a convincing performance with a user-friendly and analogue display that is accurate and easy to read. Thus, the Pocketshox DXG secures both the Best in Test as well as the Best Value Tip of this group test!"

I got a Syncros SP1.0 after reading this review and others, digital was definitely the was to go for me, nice and simple! Once you get used to using the connector properly, its a cinch.

Its very solid too, so should last years.

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
The newer shock pumps have threaded connectors that seem to work better now. But some are still like my old pump where you have to learn a knack of unscrewing the connector fast and just at the right place - otherwise a good dose of air you just pumped-in ends up escaping.

Finally I bought a pump with a two-stage connector. You tighten a large thimble to connect the pump to the shock, then you tighten a smaller thimble that pushes a small nib to open the shock valve before you start pumping. You disconnect the pump by unscrewing the thimbles in reverse order. Precise, repeatable, no accidental leaks, no drama.

I've seen this type of connector on several shock pump brands which is why I looked for a pump which has it specifically. For me the connector is more important than the type of pump itself.

Just my 2 cents...

Richie 2.0

Dec 19, 2019
Edinburgh
Personally I'm using the life line digital pump. Cheap for a digi and works well. I also use the cheap tyre pressure gauge. Both work well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles