Shimano EP8 questions

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Howdy all, anyone heard of anyone else getting their hands on a Shimano EP8 for derestricting. Asking for someone else of course. ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Not sure I understand the wording of your question but Stunlocker App is compatible with the EP8 so a full license should help your "friend" ;)
@vadII would be the guy to ask

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Not sure I understand the wording of your question but Stunlocker App is compatible with the EP8 so a full license should help your "friend" ;)
@vadII would be the guy to ask
Heard this was not the case, Stunlocker was great on previous E8000 but contacting the guy who created the app said he didn't have ep8 so couldn't answer.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Why do folk even care so much about motor noise? None of them are particularly loud.

Norbici

Jan 3, 2021
Cheltenham
Easy. I rode a Turbo Levo SL and for me is to noisy to enjoy cycling experience. So if EP8 is louder thant that, I will wait until motor is quieter (as Brose for example).

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Its really struck me just how quiet the ep8 motor is , people would barely know its an ebike from noise alone. Even the much talked about rattle is nowhere near as bad as it seems on some videos . My cockpit cables tapping together make as much noise!

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
My EP8 still makes noise just not as much. Especially at lower and mid cadences. It is not as loud as the E8000 but not as quiet as my Fazua. It's also a lower pitch so less *whiney* which is also appreciated. Overall the motor noise is a noticeable improvement.

I like my new bike enough that the rattle isn't a deal breaker. But I'd rather it wasn't there. While neither the motor or the rattle are awful my e160 9000 is never silent. My old e160 was, going down hill.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles