Shimano e8000 motor problems

karloskarlotti

Jan 18, 2021
Manchester
Hi all. I have a orange alpine 6e with the Shimano steps e8000 motor. Its coming up to 3 years old which means its out if warranty. I was on a ride bike was fine stopped for a snack and boom e010 fault appeared on the screen. I was like wtf. Turned off and on still the same. Got the bike home checked all the firmware on the app and all up to date. So I took to my local bike shop. They are basically saying new motor. But they are saying its 850 for the motor but I seen a cheaper one brand new for 650ish but there saying I can't do that cos Shimano have to do some kind of calibration?? Is this true as I was just gonna supply and fit myself. Any help would be great cos I'm disappointed that the motor can't be repaired as Shimano dont do spare parts which is shocking if they don't. Thanks again Karl

conman

Jun 1, 2019
Keswick

I don't have any experience with this company but might be worth talking to them before you buy a new motor.

karloskarlotti

Jan 18, 2021
Manchester

I don't have any experience with this company but might be worth talking to them before you buy a new motor.
Thanks i will contact them and see what they say.

karloskarlotti

Jan 18, 2021
Manchester
@karloskarlotti They have been in business 10 years and they look good. Their website inspires confidence. Never as much as spoken to them though. I'm keen to see what you think of them as I might need them one day. :)
I contacted them through email i got a response right away with some advise to try. Very helpful from 1st impressions. They say the e8000 is a tricky motor and are waiting to receive one to work on so they can find the issues in the future as the error code e010 is generic.

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
Fyi - remembered this , no idea if its any use.

I think there is an engine parameter relating to the angle that the motor is mounted on the bike that needs to be set, again not sure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles