Schwalbe Current Eddy Tyres

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Thought I give all an update. I have a Vitus Esommet VR 650b wheels both ends. I have been running the new Schwalbe Current Eddy tyres for the past few weeks, the sizes are both 2.8 back and front but the front has different tyre knob configuration than the rear to maximise grip. I did contact schwalbe about sizes and the 2.8 front has been their latest offering as previously only a 2.4 front for a 29er was available. You might think the 2.8 is going to be a huge tyre but they aren't, the Magic Mary 2.6 I was running before on the front was slightly larger. I could go on about various specs but I don't think its worth it as both tyres work tremendously well and I've thrashed them in downhill, enduro and bike park scenarios. They are very, very robust and not for any weight weenies out there but the grip is superb and the drag a good deal less than the Mary and all the Minions I've tried... 20% less so the experts say, they also cut well into corners and you don't get that speed wallow as other tyres flex when taking a berm fast. These tyres can take really big hits in the rough stuff and remain planted in all conditions, the only sliding done was when it was in real gloopy mud and clay and as the experts would say you need spikes for that stuff. In a nutshell these tyres are absolutely perfect for ebikes, I have mine on 35mm internal width rims and they roll great, you'll know how robust they are when you try and put them on your rims from new. I'd say buy without hesitation and no I'm not getting paid to say this, I wish I was though as they are not cheap.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles