San Diegan interested in Penasquitos Canyon and Black Mountain or more

rburlin1

Mar 3, 2019
San Diego, CA
Today I received an Evelo Delta hard tailed e-mtb and rode it for the first time. I loved it, it exceeded all my expectations!! It has a 750W Bafang BS02 motor and a Nuvinci N380 continuously variable transmission. These are more common in the US than Europe, but for those who are interested, my first 5 mile test ride in a big parking lot and up a couple very steep hills was too much fun. The Nuvinci N380 has a great range, is easy to use, and because it allows small changes in gearing I was able to keep a nice cadence even on my first ride. Obviously the 750W motor is great, getting me to 20 MPH in less than 10 seconds on a flat surface and keeping me at about 12 MPH with medium pedal power going up a steep hill. If anyone in San Diego reads this post, I would love to go riding with you.
Cheers, Rufus

rburlin1

Mar 3, 2019
San Diego, CA
Today I received an Evelo Delta hard tailed e-mtb and rode it for the first time. I loved it, it exceeded all my expectations!! It has a 750W Bafang BS02 motor and a Nuvinci N380 continuously variable transmission. These are more common in the US than Europe, but for those who are interested, my first 5 mile test ride in a big parking lot and up a couple very steep hills was too much fun. The Nuvinci N380 has a great range, is easy to use, and because it allows small changes in gearing I was able to keep a nice cadence even on my first ride. Obviously the 750W motor is great, getting me to 20 MPH in less than 10 seconds on a flat surface and keeping me at about 12 MPH with medium pedal power going up a steep hill. If anyone in San Diego reads this post, I would love to go riding with you.
Cheers, Rufus

rburlin1

Mar 3, 2019
San Diego, CA
I realize this is not the best place for a newbie from California to post a message about an eMTB only available in the US. So I will say my initial impressions about a high powered cadence sensor bike with an N380 CVT gearing. Yes, cadence sensing is for people over 50 who don't want to pedal harder to go faster. From my 2 trial rides, if I want to go faster, I put the bike into a higher peddle assist level. If I want to pedal harder, I do, and I get great exercise that way. If I pedal faster than the assist level, it seems to cut out and I am just pedaling the bike without the motor for exercise. However, with the N380 I can get into any cadence I want, and pedal at any level that I want. My favorite is just at the assistance level of the motor. It is great! Even though a throttle allows one to not pedal, I do not plan to use it for that purpose. I have tried it at startup (excellent) and going around turns when I have the inside pedal up (very interesting). I definitely would have preferred a torque sensor when I was 30.

rburlin1

Mar 3, 2019
San Diego, CA
Penasquitos Canyon: Great place to ride if it's still legal and offers routes to points beyond. Is the old grave marker still at trailside?
Almost all trails in Penasquitos are open (when it is not raining). Even part of the Tunnels was reopened. Do many people use toe clips or clip on shoes and pedals when riding an e-MTB?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles