Kenevo Gen1 Roval wheels damaged / Replacement

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
HI Guys I have a 2019 Kenevo expert im guessing the wheels are the same for Levo. Has anyone replaced there Roval traverse rims . I smashed mine up pretty bad at Thredbo Downhill Cannonball in Australia. I strongly suggest that if you intend to send your ebike downhill or enduro then a high quality tire insert is a must.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Roval rims are quite prone to dents .
Dinged mine a few times . Not damaged other rims in the same fashion . So my take is Roval talk the talk but dont walk the walk .

They have a decent warranty deal though . Get in contact they may warranty or cut you a deal on replacements .
Their website says lifetime warranty in the US of A ??

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Cased a jump quite hard and flattened the rear. New ones weren't easy to get or cheap, or in stock (!)

so I went with a new wheelset - Hope Fortus 30s. Straight replacement. They seem tougher.
got some money back for the old wheels too.

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Roval rims are quite prone to dents .
Dinged mine a few times . Not damaged other rims in the same fashion . So my take is Roval talk the talk but dont walk the walk .

They have a decent warranty deal though . Get in contact they may warranty or cut you a deal on replacements .
Their website says lifetime warranty in the US of A ??
The Kenevo comes with alloy rims and unfortunately they don't come with a lifetime warranty. At least that's my understanding.

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
I actually brought a set of brand new rims of a Santa Cruz heckler. Race face heavy duty with DT SWISS hubs. Installed flat tyre defender. Hopefully they stand up to the punishment.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
The Kenevo comes with alloy rims and unfortunately they don't come with a lifetime warranty. At least that's my understanding.

Lifetime Warranty
If you're the original purchaser, your Roval wheels are warrantied for as long as you own them. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with our published guidelines.

If you're the subsequent owner (meaning that you're the second or an even later owner), then your Roval wheels are covered under warranty for two years from the date of the original retail purchase.

There are other important details and terms related to this warranty, and you can find the full Warranty Policy here.

“**it Happens” No Fault Crash Replacement Policy
If you damage your Roval product while riding within the first two years of ownership and it’s not covered under warranty, we’ll still replace or repair it for free†. We’re riders, so we know that **it happens. This policy applies to all Roval product purchased in the USA, whether it came stock on a bike or was purchased aftermarket. For additional terms, see below.

If you damage your Roval product while riding more than two years after you bought it and it’s not covered under warranty, your Roval retailer will work with us to get it repaired or replaced for a fraction of the full retail price. Your Authorized Roval Retailer will fill you in on the details, including the exact cost (which depends on your location, local tax, and all that good stuff). For additional terms, see below.

If you have any questions about our warranty, or **it Happens Policy, please drop us a line: [email protected]

Like I said worth trying an email to them and see what they say ...

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Lifetime Warranty
If you're the original purchaser, your Roval wheels are warrantied for as long as you own them. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with our published guidelines.

If you're the subsequent owner (meaning that you're the second or an even later owner), then your Roval wheels are covered under warranty for two years from the date of the original retail purchase.

There are other important details and terms related to this warranty, and you can find the full Warranty Policy here.

If you damage your Roval product while riding within the first two years of ownership and it’s not covered under warranty, we’ll still replace or repair it for free†. We’re riders, so we know that **it happens. This policy applies to all Roval product purchased in the USA, whether it came stock on a bike or was purchased aftermarket. For additional terms, see below.

If you damage your Roval product while riding more than two years after you bought it and it’s not covered under warranty, your Roval retailer will work with us to get it repaired or replaced for a fraction of the full retail price. Your Authorized Roval Retailer will fill you in on the details, including the exact cost (which depends on your location, local tax, and all that good stuff). For additional terms, see below.

If you have any questions about our warranty, or **it Happens Policy, please drop us a line: [email protected]

Like I said

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Lifetime Warranty

Like I said worth trying an email to them and see what they say ...
He's in Australia!!!!

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
He's in Australia!!!!

That`s why I said try emailing and see what they say ...
I know it says USA only . But ,,, it also goes on to say they are riders who know sh*t happens . And that they replace wheels from just ridin along accidents . So would it be too ridiculous to send an email asking what they can do ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles