ROCKSHOX SUPER DELUXE

Nigel Mousley

Jan 5, 2019
UK
Hi, can you fit Rockshox super deluxe 210 x 55 to 2019 Levo, what fittings would be required and what would the result on geometry be? I have no idea, so l throw it open to the more technically minded.
Thank - Nigel

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
if the shock has the same eye to eye measurement static geometry won't change at all. increasing stroke will simply give you a few mm more travel at the end stroke. at a guess the 3mm longer stroke will result in 6-7mm ish more travel but it'll depend on the leverage curve.
Sag point will change by such a small amount I wouldn't worry about any difference in geometry

You don't say whether your talking about a super deluxe coil or air but I've no idea which shocks physically fit or don't in a Levo anyway. Sorry.

Last edited:

Nigel Mousley

Jan 5, 2019
UK
if the shock has the same eye to eye measurement static geometry won't change at all. increasing stroke will simply give you a few mm more travel at the end stroke. at a guess the 3mm longer stroke will result in 6-7mm ish more travel but it'll depend on the leverage curve.
Sag point will change by such a small amount I wouldn't worry about any difference in geometry

You don't say whether your taliking about a super deluxe coil or air but I've idea which shocks physically fit or don't in a Levo anyway. Sorry.
Thanks for your help, it was just a thought, rather than going down the fox route.

p060064h

Jun 19, 2019
Exeter
If you're after fitting a coil they perform better on a progressive suspension curve than a linear.
Someone more clued up than me can advise which one the Levo is.

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
from the others on here that have done it 210x55 fits fine apparently. standard is 52.5 stroke which gives the standard 150mm travel rear. 55mm stroke gives 157-158mm rear travel. Not sure on the bushings neeeded for the RS super Deluxe ones but I know there was someone on here that has done it and linked to the bushings he ordered / used. I seem to remember 1 end was standard or no bushing needed and the other end he found a kit to use and linkked to it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles