Rock shox super deluxe

Myles_mtb

Jul 17, 2022
Uk
Hello community. I am looking to buy a rock shox super deluxe ultimate coil RCT for my levo sl. I’ve found two online. one says it’s for a ibis and another doesn’t, they both have the same specs and eye to eye and shock length. But the ibis one is over £100 cheaper. What’s the reason for the price reduction and if I get the shock will it preform differently.

RiderOnTheStorm

Besides sales considerations, they may actually be technically different. Do they have the same mounting hardware? Do they have different factory tuning? Can you see the L, M, H tune codes on each shock? On a related note, when selecting a new shock, getting the right factory tuning (rebound, compression) is very important.

Last edited:

Myles_mtb

Jul 17, 2022
Uk
The tune on both is L. So that’s not an issue. I am aware the mounting hardware will be diffident.

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
SRAM sells shocks with specific tunes for specific bikes. If you want super deluxe coil, then I suggest ordering it from a SRAM dealer. Also, for Levo SL, you need a shock with part number 00.4118.359.045, which has a steel shaft. If you use some other shock, you risk losing the warranty if something happens.

This was discussed a few times on the forum, try to search for that part number here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles