rise size and stability

LITHOS

Oct 8, 2021
PERUGIA
hello, i would like to buy a rise m10.
I am 1.66m tall and the crotch is 74cm.
Size s or m?
Does the laugh work well on steep and rocky trails? is it unstable?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
is it possible to do rocky dh at low speed or the rear jumps too much?
Mate it's possible to do rocky terrain at low speed on any bike. Rider skill and suspension set up matter way more than the actual bike or it's size.
But having said that you are quite short and a larger bike with a shorter dropper post will be a lot more difficult for you to maneuver

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
I'd say get the one that suits your local trails best. When you are in between size you get to choose. If your trails are very fast and require stability go with the bigger one. If you value agility and have good balance go with the smaller. It's can be a bit more demanding to ride a smaller bike, less room for mistakes and might not be as fast at some places but it rewards you with more fun.

Gismo6303

Sep 4, 2021
France
Hello, I'm 1m78, with small legs, I've choose a size M for more playfulness, and he is very stable, il love this bike. For comparison before I've a Lapierre zesty 514 size M, it wasn't stable but more playful, and a haibike fullseven lt 7.0 size L, he was too much stable and no playful, boring bike, like a motorcycle.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I'm 5' 8.5" with 29.5" inside leg and have just got my Rise.My other bikes are mediums and I always thought just a little small.I was in-between M and L and went with large.Seat post is all the way in and ok for not locking out my leg . Standover just about ok but tight

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I'm 5' 8.5" with 29.5" inside leg and have just got my Rise.My other bikes are mediums and I always thought just a little small.I was in-between M and L and went with large.Seat post is all the way in and ok for not locking out my leg . Standover just about ok but tight

I'm the same height and use a medium.
It fits perfectly.

LITHOS

Oct 8, 2021
PERUGIA
in fact I have a bmc trailfox amp in size s and I'm happy, but it has the top tube 1 cm longer than the rise because it has a less inclined seat tube (but the reach is about 1 cm shorter).
For 166 Orbea recommends mediums; but I prefer a manageable bike.
I am aware that shorter bike = less stability on the fast forehand.
But I prefer slow, technical trails.
I have seen that many people even in online reviews have chosen the smaller one between two sizes to have more playful bikes.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The fairly tall Aussie guy who just won the EWS overall rides a smaller reach frame than most punters his height will tell you they *need*
Going fast off road on technical terrain is not just about maximum stability.
Hyping the benefits of a longer reach and bigger wheels for sure helps sell new bikes to punters. But with a longer bike there's still always going to be the downside of reduction in maneuverability

LITHOS

Oct 8, 2021
PERUGIA
si ho un cavallo molto basso e sono leggero, pedalo con agilità e non cn potenza; Il motore ep8 rs è fatto per me

LITHOS

Oct 8, 2021
PERUGIA
yes I have a very short horse and I am light, I pedal with agility and not cn power; ep8 rs engine is made for me

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
The fairly tall Aussie guy who just won the EWS overall rides a smaller reach frame than most punters his height will tell you they *need*
Going fast off road on technical terrain is not just about maximum stability.
Hyping the benefits of a longer reach and bigger wheels for sure helps sell new bikes to punters. But with a longer bike there's still always going to be the downside of reduction in maneuverability
It depends what you want out of the ride.
If you want an agile bike go for smaller. If you want a more forgiving ride, go longer. Slightly more room for error. Probably most of the people who buy bikes don't give a flying F about what EWS riders can do on a smaller frame, they just want to have fun, and what is fun for one might not be fun for another. There isn't really a clear cut right or wrong, although I agree that a lot of people are riding hilariously long bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles