Rise motor characteristics

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I've noticed something on my last couple of rides that I've not noticed before and wondered if anyone else has felt it . Basically I'm feeling the motor push on after I've stopped pedalling, it's only for a second or less but once or twice it has caught me out going into a turn on fast flowing singletrack causing me to brake . I'm not sure if its something that's there the update, if its a characteristic that's supposed to be there or not . I've not felt it on local easier rides , last 2 rides have been fast flowing trail centre .

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
It's definitely a characteristic of the Bosch motor and on the Specialized I believe it's one of the factors you can tune in their app.

I've been told it's useful once you get used to it - you can use it to power up over steps/logs while keeping your cranks level for clearance but I found it a bit annoying.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
All ebike motors have a certain amount of over run when you stop pedaling. I think the EP8 on the Rise has very minimal over run. Mine is about a 1/2 of a second or less . I've tried to see if it will do it longer, but every time I really pay attention to it, it seems to be far less than a second. Most other ebikes will give at least a solid one second and some have reported 3 seconds or longer of over run. If yours is up to a full second or longer, there may be a sensor issue in the motor.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Yeah, it is so small that should not be noticeable. I own 3 ebikes and all has so minimal over run it cannot be noticed... it is impossible. Please do a check at your LBS.

If you take a look at the chainring you will see that it keeps spinning for 1/2 sec when you stop pedaling, but it won't put additional force on the cassette, so it won't keep accelerating... (it should not is what I mean)

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
It's definitely a characteristic of the Bosch motor and on the Specialized I believe it's one of the factors you can tune in their app.

I've been told it's useful once you get used to it - you can use it to power up over steps/logs while keeping your cranks level for clearance but I found it a bit annoying.
This is what I use it for

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles