Rise Hydro mech hangers. Is there a worldwide shortage?

MOG

Feb 24, 2022
Abergavenny
Had a small rock flick up under my mech on a climb yesterday which resulted in my mech hanger cracking off. Luckily no other damage, just a ride cut short on a nice day and a bit of a scoot along the road to get back home. Shame we had to pass a pub en route, but that is a whole different story and my head has only now recovered! Now I ordered a mech hanger from Orbea about 6 weeks ago, not long after getting the bike. It still hasn't arrived though it was due yesterday. I thought I would see if any online retailers had any for sale as I will need another now as a spare. Do you think I could find one? Not a chance.

So does anyone happen to know for a secret source of them I am missing. Maybe my Google Fu is weak!

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Orbea spares supply seems to be an issue in general. I'm still waiting for seatpost parts I ordered in mid February

Reactions: MOG

MOG

Feb 24, 2022
Abergavenny
To conclude this thread. My LBS where I bought my Rise (Zero Bikes near Ross on Wye) came up trumps and found me a hanger in the shop which was supposed to be for the Orbea Wild FS. It looked almost the same (not quite in fine detail) but I am happy to confirm that it is an identical fitment and works perfectly. And only £15. I had also ordered 2 "proper" Rise hangers from XXcycle in France. They both turned up yesterday so was a pretty good service to be fair and only about 40 euros including postage (with no import duty or VAT to add this end). The hanger I ordered direct from Orbea 8 weeks ago is still just an estimated delivery date that has now been pushed to mid May.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles