Rise dropper post lengths

GizmoSL

Dec 15, 2020
San Antonio Texas
I contacted Orbea and was told to call an LBS in my state that had ordered Rise models in various sizes. I called them and reserved one that was not already sold, and after a 7 month wait, picked it up. It turns out that the default length for dropper posts on the Rise M-LTD is 125mm regardless of frame size. That's OK, of course for small and possible medium frames, but on a large or XL frame it can be a problem. If your trail riding position is relatively high, it will be difficult to get the seat out of the way on descents. If you order one, be sure to specify a 150mm or 175mm dropper (no extra charge) If, like me you just reserved one that was ordered by the LBS, it may well come with the shorter post, as the LBS may not be aware of the default length. Orbea will not work with you on this.

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
the default length for dropper posts on the Rise M-LTD is 125mm regardless of frame size.
Yup. That's one of a number of small compromises they make on the M-LTD in the interest of getting the lowest possible weight, like foam grips, 760mm bars, 2 pot calipers, Kabolt front axle, smaller rear axle, etc. Important to remember the M-LTD is not necessarily the most equipped standard build, rather it is the lightest standard build.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles