Orbea Wild FS owners, dropper post thoughts

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Thanks!
Yeah I've been riding mine for a bit now, the same Large Alu @150, and I certainly wouldn't want it any higher in the top position - in fact I could happily go a bit lower. But would love any more drop I could get at the bottom. So a 150 OneUp seems like the right choice for me, I figured it would slam, but now someone's actually tried it, even betterer...
My inside leg is 29", 73cm. I used the app on the One Up web site to assess which post I needed and bought a180 post for my medium Levo, expecting to have to fit a (supplied) shim to reduce travel to 170. I didn't, at max insertion the post is perfect.

Reactions: Zed

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Thanks!
Yeah I've been riding mine for a bit now, the same Large Alu @150, and I certainly wouldn't want it any higher in the top position - in fact I could happily go a bit lower. But would love any more drop I could get at the bottom. So a 150 OneUp seems like the right choice for me, I figured it would slam, but now someone's actually tried it, even betterer...
F79C1254-8A05-4A14-B6D8-27D45590546F.jpeg

here’s a picture to go with it. The stock one stuck out of the seat tube almost 2.5”.
F8F11445-DC37-45AF-A108-24B0A37709DB.jpeg

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
View attachment 64520

here’s a picture to go with it. The stock one stuck out of the seat tube almost 2.5”. View attachment 64519
Excellent, thanks.

I note also you've strapped the battery door. I do have a rattle but I figured it's the Bosch Rattle. It's really not as bad as I feared, doesn't bother me too much. But maybe there's a battery door factor too. Or are you just worried about losing the door?

And what mudguards are they? Can't make it out.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Excellent, thanks.

I note also you've strapped the battery door. I do have a rattle but I figured it's the Bosch Rattle. It's really not as bad as I feared, doesn't bother me too much. But maybe there's a battery door factor too. Or are you just worried about losing the door?

And what mudguards are they? Can't make it out.

I haven’t really noticed a rattle, I just have it on there after reading a few comments of the plastic cover falling off.

I have the ProGuard bolt on short fender.

I really like it but will switch it out for a factory Fox short fender for the summer.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
The latch for that cover is pretty awful. I haven't taken to using a strap yet, but it makes sense.

HarryJune

Jun 18, 2021
Berkshire
I haven’t really noticed a rattle, I just have it on there after reading a few comments of the plastic cover falling off.

I really like it but will switch it out for a factory Fox short fender for the summer.

Is the rear Mudguard also a proguard?

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
After waiting too long to get the OneUp 150, I couldn't get one when I needed to, so I ended up getting a Fox Transfer 150.
As below pic, does not nearly slam and looks pretty much like the OEM one it terms of how far it sticks out, even worse perhaps. The good news though is the butt-to-pedal is a little shorter even like this, because of the lower stack height at the top of the post, and that makes it perfect for me in the top position, the stocker was a smidge too high. It'd be nice to have a bit more drop but after getting used to the stocker it wasn't holding me back at all and this should be a little better. And I do like the action & reliability of these Fox posts - I've had a few on different bikes, hence why I just sprung for one.

1630639985272.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles