Revolution Bike Park - 50to1

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
50to1 at Revolution
Some lines running- well kind of

good to see
Felling is shocking though , I guess that is National Resources Wales for ya :)

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
There's a race at the end of June there which i may stick an entry in for my boy. We're 1/2 a mile away a couple of times this year for races at Rhyd-Y-Felin in the next field, including the National Champs... but we've not done Revs, so may sort for him.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Yes it's a shocker. Was a fantastic site and their livelihood destroyed.
I did see they intend to open some tracks this summer for pushup / ebike up, although with other decent sites nearby, it could be a tough sell unless local.

Last edited:

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
i dunno, Revs seems to have a bit of a cult following and i think they'd do OK if they can re-open. Obviously you've now also got Caersws which is getting in on the market as well as Dyfi, Antur etc... but i think Revs would still manage to get takers.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Felling is shocking though , I guess that is National Resources Wales for ya :)

Trees are a crop, they just grow slower than wheat or potatoes.

In this case the tragedy is the felling was accelerated by disease, which was probably introduced to the area by riders, but it’s great to see Revs rebuilding.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
In this case the tragedy is the felling was accelerated by disease, which was probably introduced to the area by riders, but it’s great to see Revs rebuilding.
Or walkers, or machinery or just about anything else really. Putting it directly on cyclists seems a bit harsh. Of course it may well have been cyclists.. but just about any transmission method was fairly plausible.

Tone461

Nov 29, 2020
West Midlands
They've been documenting it from the start. I found it really interesting seeing the all the problems and rebuild issues they have had to face. Covers a lot of topics which don't get talked about much. I'll probably never ride there but I wish them well and am glad they are re opening.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles