Review: Changzhou Fieldebikes Co., Ltd. (M510 Carbon Build)

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Karbon Ebike Carbon Fiber Frame Bafang M510 M560 M600 Mid Motor Full Suspension Emtb Am 29er Frame - Buy Karbon Bafang Ebike Carbon Fiber Am Frame M510 M560 M600 Mid Motor Full Suspension Emtb Electric All Mountain Bicycle Frame 29er 27.5er Full Suspension Electric Bike Kit Mid Drive Ebike Frame 8fun Bafang M510 250w M600 500w M560 750w Bldc Motor Electric Mountain Bike Frame Product on Alibaba.com

1713199105394.png

About me:
I am 6'2" I weigh 190 pounds with my full gear on. I ride steep downhill anywhere between 10-to-15-foot doubles and gaps. I like rough terrain, technically challenging both up and down. I want a motor that is supportive yet efficient.

Order process:
Ordering from China takes time, so expect a few months to complete the process. Communication was good and there were no hidden costs or fees. Customer service was great.

The Build:
I was worried that they didn't have an extra-large frame, but the large frame turned out to be a good fit for me. It's nimbler than my other bike, a canyon torque: on in an extra-large. I put a coil shock on it and ran it 160 in the rear and 180 upfront. This made the geometry slack, around 63° with a mullet in the rear. I'm very happy with how the bike and the motor perform. I changed the tire size to get past the 20-mph limit. This speedometer accuracy is not an issue since I track my rides with an Apple Watch.

The ride is nimble and fast. I don't feel as in control at high speeds as on my canyon, but I can handle trails and steep tight sections just as well or better. This is because of the slack head angle and the mullet in the rear. This bike pushes me to improve my jumping skills and technique. I'm still adjusting the suspension, but I don't think the 160 mm in the rear is a problem compared to my current 175 mm on the canyon. I haven’t bottomed out on the same trails and jumps i normally ride.

M510 and battery:
I'm impressed with the M510, it's my first full fat Bafang motor and I like it. It has enough power and range for me. I use an 840 Wh battery and I don't worry about running out of juioce. I used to have range anxiety on my M820 build, but not on this bike. The bike weighs 57 pounds, which is average for a full fat bike. But it rides lighter, and I can toss it around on trails better than the M820 extra-large build.

Paint quality:
The bike came in pieces and had some paint chips around the pivot points. But I didn’t mind too much about the free or near free paint job.

Final thoughts:
I would buy an extra-large if they offered it, which they might if they get 100 orders. I highly recommend this frame motor combination; the frame quality seems good. I think the bike feels more solid than the M820 frame I have. The only thing I would improve is the paint quality, it could be a bit better. Beyond that I'm very happy with the bike and the overall build.
1713199788729.jpeg

1713199809248.jpeg

1713199825959.jpeg

1713199850805.jpeg

IMG_0440.jpeg IMG_0437.jpeg IMG_0439.jpeg IMG_0438.jpeg View attachment IMG_0452.jpeg View attachment IMG_0451.jpeg View attachment IMG_0450.jpeg View attachment IMG_0449.jpeg View attachment IMG_0448.jpeg View attachment IMG_0447.jpeg View attachment IMG_0442.jpeg View attachment IMG_0441.jpeg

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Karbon Ebike Carbon Fiber Frame Bafang M510 M560 M600 Mid Motor Full Suspension Emtb Am 29er Frame - Buy Karbon Bafang Ebike Carbon Fiber Am Frame M510 M560 M600 Mid Motor Full Suspension Emtb Electric All Mountain Bicycle Frame 29er 27.5er Full Suspension Electric Bike Kit Mid Drive Ebike Frame 8fun Bafang M510 250w M600 500w M560 750w Bldc Motor Electric Mountain Bike Frame Product on Alibaba.com

View attachment 138435
About me:
I am 6'2" I weigh 190 pounds with my full gear on. I ride steep downhill anywhere between 10-to-15-foot doubles and gaps. I like rough terrain, technically challenging both up and down. I want a motor that is supportive yet efficient.

Order process:
Ordering from China takes time, so expect a few months to complete the process. Communication was good and there were no hidden costs or fees. Customer service was great.

The Build:
I was worried that they didn't have an extra-large frame, but the large frame turned out to be a good fit for me. It's nimbler than my other bike, a canyon torque: on in an extra-large. I put a coil shock on it and ran it 160 in the rear and 180 upfront. This made the geometry slack, around 63° with a mullet in the rear. I'm very happy with how the bike and the motor perform. I changed the tire size to get past the 20-mph limit. This speedometer accuracy is not an issue since I track my rides with an Apple Watch.

The ride is nimble and fast. I don't feel as in control at high speeds as on my canyon, but I can handle trails and steep tight sections just as well or better. This is because of the slack head angle and the mullet in the rear. This bike pushes me to improve my jumping skills and technique. I'm still adjusting the suspension, but I don't think the 160 mm in the rear is a problem compared to my current 175 mm on the canyon. I haven’t bottomed out on the same trails and jumps i normally ride.

M510 and battery:
I'm impressed with the M510, it's my first full fat Bafang motor and I like it. It has enough power and range for me. I use an 840 Wh battery and I don't worry about running out of juioce. I used to have range anxiety on my M820 build, but not on this bike. The bike weighs 57 pounds, which is average for a full fat bike. But it rides lighter, and I can toss it around on trails better than the M820 extra-large build.

Paint quality:
The bike came in pieces and had some paint chips around the pivot points. But I didn’t mind too much about the free or near free paint job.

Final thoughts:
I would buy an extra-large if they offered it, which they might if they get 100 orders. I highly recommend this frame motor combination; the frame quality seems good. I think the bike feels more solid than the M820 frame I have. The only thing I would improve is the paint quality, it could be a bit better. Beyond that I'm very happy with the bike and the overall build.
View attachment 138448
View attachment 138449
View attachment 138450
View attachment 138451

View attachment 138444 View attachment 138445 View attachment 138446 View attachment 138447 View attachment 138436 View attachment 138437 View attachment 138438 View attachment 138439 View attachment 138440 View attachment 138441 View attachment 138442 View attachment 138443
Looks nice! I like the 840Wh battery.

I'm just converting my M600 to 1000 Wh battery and looking forward to hitting more mountainous terrain in the near future.💪

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Looks nice! I like the 840Wh battery.

I'm just converting my M600 to 1000 Wh battery and looking forward to hitting more mountainous terrain in the near future.💪
Yea the power on this M510 is so efficient. My buddy on his specialized Levo was getting like 20% less range than me, but the gap seemed to keep growing by the time we hit 7K ft, he was limp mode and I still had 35%.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
What can you say about M510 engine? Is it powerfull enough for you?
Why not M560? 😀
Great question, from all the feedback on the V2 of the M510 seems to be the sweet spot between consumption, noise, support and output. This seems to be the motor that's getting the most attention right now so I assume it will get the lions share of the manufacturer support from Bafang as well.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
What made you choose this frame manufacturer over Dengfu or LightCarbon both which have proven themselfs before and both have frames with new geometry? For example DengFu with E82 or LightCarbon with LCE971.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
What made you choose this frame manufacturer over Dengfu or LightCarbon both which have proven themselfs before and both have frames with new geometry? For example DengFu with E82 or LightCarbon with LCE971.
Geometry was the main reason. Travel was within the minimum window. They offered a big battery, which I love. I’m running a slack setup at 63 ish degrees rn.

geerbil

Apr 7, 2023
Poland
I also ordered such a frame from them, but with an m560 engine. The frame had just arrived, it had been sailing for quite a long time (I chose the ship). I regret that I didn't take up painting, because in Poland painting carbon is very expensive.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
I also ordered such a frame from them, but with an m560 engine. The frame had just arrived, it had been sailing for quite a long time (I chose the ship). I regret that I didn't take up painting, because in Poland painting carbon is very expensive.
I noticed that shipping was much longer than I was expecting. I assume it's because they're bundling orders to the US and that takes time. 🤷‍♂️ Painting, for whatever reason is much less at the factory, again it's likely because they're buying paint in bulk etc. btw I was told by the factory the paint issue was due to a weather issues and they've resolved it.

geerbil

Apr 7, 2023
Poland
[COLOR=var(--YLNNHc)]If a private company painted the frame like this, no one would pay for such a service. Maybe it's good that I didn't let the Chinese paint the frame.[/COLOR]

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles