Rear Tyre Dilemma

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Looking to replace my rear tyre soon, tossing up between the Schwalbe Eddy Current but I can only get it in 2.8 wide and the Michelin E-wild rear in a 2.6

I'd rather go for a 2.6 as I'm not a fan of the extra bouncing around you can get from some 2.8s but I'd would settle on the Schwalbe if it's a better tyre and has a fairly stiff side wall and not too bouncy. Currently running a Continental 2.6 on the rear which has been a sold performer and has certainly taken some severe abuse but it's a bit too bouncy and I need bigger knobs for steep gnarly climbs and more grip.

I do have a Maxxis Assagai 2.6 on the front so not sure if I should also consider one of these for the back as well.

Any thoughts on which way I should go?

Last edited:

ian6354

Jun 27, 2019
North Yorkshire
Just been through the very same decision process and opted for the E-Wild in 2.8 after reading many positive reviews both on here and elsewhere. I was set on fitting an EC to the back before discovering the E-Wild reviews. I have ordered a Maxxis Assagai 2.6 for the front again after reading glowing reviews. I would of ordered an E-Wild for the front if they were available in 29.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Just been through the very same decision process and opted for the E-Wild in 2.8 after reading many positive reviews both on here and elsewhere. I was set on fitting an EC to the back before discovering the E-Wild reviews. I have ordered a Maxxis Assagai 2.6 for the front again after reading glowing reviews. I would of ordered an E-Wild for the front if they were available in 29.

How's the EW in 2.8?

Is the side wall stiff enough to not be too bouncy?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
For steep, gnarly climbs & descents where sometimes durability is survival & preferable to saving 200 grams or whatever, I think you’re right - Assegai. 27.5 x 2.50WT DH Casing.

If you prefer to save the weight, same in 2.60 EXO+

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles