Levo Gen 2 Rear travel. How to increase it.

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
Hey all.

I hace the levo 21 sworks.

Don't know if I'm getting it right but, is the rear travel of the levo 148mm?

As a heavy rider I find that even on sag, I almost reach the bottom full open mode. Not even doing 1 meter jumps.

Should I up the pressure? Should ride in trail or closed mode? Should I get the cascade link or something like that?

Is there any way to increase my travel?

Thx!

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
Extra info. I'm 89kg (95 or something full gear) and the rear pressure is at 250 psi at the moment.

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re asking/what the problem is...

If you almost reach full travel on a normal ride that is a good thing. The last bit is the hardest to use. I use all but the last few mm’s on most rides.

I’ve got a dpx2 on my Levo and am running 270psi at 87kg, decent sized gaps (15-20 feet) and 5 or 6 foot drops are part of the usual mix of trails.

Reactions: MSH

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re asking/what the problem is...

If you almost reach full travel on a normal ride that is a good thing. The last bit is the hardest to use. I use all but the last few mm’s on most rides.

I’ve got a dpx2 on my Levo and am running 270psi at 87kg, decent sized gaps (15-20 feet) and 5 or 6 foot drops are part of the usual mix of trails.
So.. Is it normal then? I was worried I'll bottom out in heavier drops, didn't have a chance to try it yet though.

I might up the pressure cuz when I'm saying that I almost bottom out I mean literally 2 or 3 mm left for the o ring fall out of the shaft with the shock fully open.

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
So.. Is it normal then? I was worried I'll bottom out in heavier drops, didn't have a chance to try it yet though.

I might up the pressure cuz when I'm saying that I almost bottom out I mean literally 2 or 3 mm left for the o ring fall out of the shaft with the shock fully open.

Im assuming you have a DPS on your bike, in which case I believe the end of the travel is before the end of the shaft. You can check this by letting the air out to see where bottom out actually occurs. If that’s the same spot as where your o ring usually ends up then yes, I would add 5 PSI. I had the factory DPS on my bike before and loved it, but I blew it up twice this year so upgraded to the DPX2. I haven’t had any issues since.

I ran 220 psi on the DPS and didn’t have any bottom out issues.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California

You can increase the volume spacer size on the shock as well which will make it more progressive with better bottom out support at similar pressures

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
You can increase the volume spacer size on the shock as well which will make it more progressive with better bottom out support at similar pressures
i just did this yesterday, on the SL , a .8 orange spacer is installed , so 3rd largest out of 4. I am guessing the ff levo is the same. A strap wrench helped unscrewing the air can but the shock can stay on the bike so pretty simple.

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
Im assuming you have a DPS on your bike, in which case I believe the end of the travel is before the end of the shaft. You can check this by letting the air out to see where bottom out actually occurs. If that’s the same spot as where your o ring usually ends up then yes, I would add 5 PSI. I had the factory DPS on my bike before and loved it, but I blew it up twice this year so upgraded to the DPX2. I haven’t had any issues since.

I ran 220 psi on the DPS and didn’t have any bottom out issues.
I will try it. Thx buddy

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
i just did this yesterday, on the SL , a .8 orange spacer is installed , so 3rd largest out of 4. I am guessing the ff levo is the same. A strap wrench helped unscrewing the air can but the shock can stay on the bike so pretty simple.
I have tk buy it now to try it ??

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
If you have sag set properly then increasing volume spacers is the right solution. The Cascade link will help by making the bike more progressive as well and also make the bike more plush earlier in the stroke.

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
If you have sag set properly then increasing volume spacers is the right solution. The Cascade link will help by making the bike more progressive as well and also make the bike more plush earlier in the stroke.
Thx, I've just dialed it in again. We'll see how does it ride tomorrow.

Happy new year!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles