Reaction Hybrid Pro 750 - Upgrades?

Loxa

Jun 26, 2023
UK
Hi, had my cube nearly a year now and looking for some recommendations on any decent upgrades i could make. Few things i have done

-Dmr vault pedals
-Dmr grips
-Purion 200
-Tubless
-Ergon seat

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
I've the Reaction One, which is a model below.

Things I've already upgraded: from the very beginning the pedals (I'm not a fan of plastic ones personally), Kiox300 display (the Purion200 didn't exist at the time dammit) and a dropper post not yet fitted. This week a new saddle (San Marco Ground) as, although the stock saddle was surprisingly OK, wanted a bit more comfort, ventilation, and a "whale-tail".

Things I'm considering in the future:

- Upgrade the drive train to the newer linkglide when the current cassette wears out.
- Better forks, probably RockShox Judy.

Contact points (saddle, grips, pedals) are usually a good move, especially as they're pretty subjective. New grips for example won't break the bank either.

Depending on what you're riding, upgrading the forks would be the biggest upgrade for these series of bikes.

Loxa

Jun 26, 2023
UK
Cheers for all the replies, forks are definately something i have been looking into. Seen alot of good things said about the Rockshox Judy, seem a bit cheaper than lyrik.

I ride to work everyday and do trails and some small jumps etc, i used to ride a bmx 10years or so ago and wanted to get back into something. I went hardtail because it was a lot cheaper and my first ebike. Was never really keen on full suspension, but you never know down the line (few years).

Loxa

Jun 26, 2023
UK
Quick question, i have the xfusion now but would i be right saying, 120mm / 1.5" Taper / 51mm Offset would fit? New to this so just want to double check.

What i have:
X-Fusion MIG32 Air, Tapered, 15x110mm, 120mm, Lockout (EE: 100mm)

fibersnap

Jul 6, 2023
USA
I hope you'll continue to share experience with upgrades - especially on the fork retrofit.
I've "upgraded" by buying an Orbea Wild that's compatible with my hybrid reaction pro's 500wh battery. The logic is that once the hybrid's warranty runs out I can experiment with making it faster. If I cook the battery I'll be able to swap with the Orbea: I'd have two bikes with shared battery.
The cube hybrid will then become closer to an unlimited gravel bike and the orbea will be used on "real" trails while still under the the bosch two year warranty.
Too bad that in 2023 Orbea chose to remove battery door. Fortunately, Cube continues to make the battery removable.
Again, thanks for sharing your experience

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles