Rate your E-bike !

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Another Merida E 160 900E here.
Build quality and top components, no complaints.
Have had no trouble at all, just a bit of water in DI2 which was an easy fix.
No Shimano motor issues after 6300 k’s.
I’m keeping an eye on all the reviews in the forum, possibly change one day as the new Merida 10k is $15000 in NZ.

Chappy42

Jul 26, 2019
Surprise, AZ.
Someone asking, how do they climb. I've hard a Levo Comp for a month and it is amazing. I usually ride in Trail Mode, only using Turbp mode when I really want to clean a climb. Too much fun!

LeeBoy

IMG_0015.JPG

LeeBoy

2019 BMC Speed Fox Amp 2 Med F/S
Price $7,895 Floor model new leftover $4,500 !
Enjoyment of Riding : 9/10 Short chain stays, 29" wheels and Shimano 8000 motor
Enjoyment of Ownership: 9/10 So far so good
Quality of Build: 9/10 Top notch finish and details
Quality of Parts: 7/10 A little disappointed in Al bars, not Di2 shifting and XT cassette
Upgrades: Carbon bars and seatpost, Al 36T front sprocket, tubeless, 47 lbs
Overall: Beautiful and peppy ride, did not realize propriety dropout is very difficult to find !? Stunlocker app makes this a very fast, adjustable and powerful ride if you need or want that !
Distance: 112 miles of fun !

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
Norco vlt 1

Ride quality 8/10. Added a angle headset to slack it out a bit. Love new geo-steep seat tube, long tt
Suspension 7/10 biggest weakness of this bike imho. Very linear and blows through travel. You have to pack your shock with spacers to keep from bottoming out.

Overall I rate it a 7/10 good bike, rides great. I think 150mm of travel for an ebike puts it in a trail riding cat. I was looking more for a downhill shuttle bike. Suspension travel for ebikes is different than non ebikes and it think more travel with the added weight of the bike is necessary. I've owned the 2018 Commencal meta power and the Norco. The Norco was much better riding than the meta. Far stiffer in the rear and better geo for my 6' body with a large vs large sizes.

I just picked up a new Commencal sx this week! Commencal improved on every area I had issues with, with the 2018 model. 170/180 travel is more what I need for the riding here and with just a few short rides the bike feels like a jam. Will report more shortly. I do plan to keep my vlt also but sold the meta

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
Giant sx o here. Lots of fun and goes where I point it. I don’t know anything about mountain biking or specs as it’s my first one since the Raleigh 20 as a kid, but from a beginner it inspires confidence off-road on the tight rocky single track we ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles