Pivot Shuttle LT

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Such a miss, really weird that they release this now and at that price. They could have just announced this months ago to get ahead of the gen 5 release, feels so deflated now.

Also, do we think this is just the AM frame long shocked? geo seems to match up. My guess is they didn't sell enough AM frames and repurposed them for this build instead of building a new frame with the new motor mounts.

I actually like quite a few aspects of this bike, but it is competing against 30% off 2024 orbea wilds that are effectively half the price!

RSG

Sep 12, 2024
Wales
Such a miss, really weird that they release this now and at that price. They could have just announced this months ago to get ahead of the gen 5 release, feels so deflated now.

Also, do we think this is just the AM frame long shocked? geo seems to match up. My guess is they didn't sell enough AM frames and repurposed them for this build instead of building a new frame with the new motor mounts.

I actually like quite a few aspects of this bike, but it is competing against 30% off 2024 orbea wilds that are effectively half the price!
The shock angle is definitely more akin to the AM frame compared to the previous LT frame

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Yeah I am not saying this is a bad bike but just out of base.

If I want a gen4 LT bike, there are tons in discount and more tomorrow for 5k. Race motor, new geo is clearly not enough to jump on it.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
So far the reviews are good so probably they are going to sell them...https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/electric-bikes/pivot-shuttle-lt-pro-first-ride-review

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Because this is merely the same bike as before which was good but with a bosch motor with is better for some.

Still why would anyone in the would go for 10k+, older motor revision, older battery ... these days I really feel all brands are scamming people.

It just not deserve that much money, especially as the mold is nearly the same as before, but hey they can do it, people will buy something expensive because it might be good right?

A bit sick of it.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
Because this is merely the same bike as before which was good but with a bosch motor with is better for some.

Still why would anyone in the would go for 10k+, older motor revision, older battery ... these days I really feel all brands are scamming people.

It just not deserve that much money, especially as the mold is nearly the same as before, but hey they can do it, people will buy something expensive because it might be good right?

A bit sick of it.
Many raved and wanted Race motor, that's why. "old" 750wh battery is much slimmer than new 800 and that equals slimmer frame which is nice. And bikes are not sum of it's spec, some people still appreciate how they ride..and look :) And this looks really nice. And nobody is forced to put 15k or 10k to emtb, you can always buy a canyon :p

Bogdan_CH

Apr 22, 2020
Oradea, Romania
Orbea has done it, new motor , old 750wh battery or new 600wh battery. And if you consider they still are heavily involved with Shimano on the Rise not sure how could it steal the cake from Pivot.

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
So far the reviews are good so probably they are going to sell them...https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/electric-bikes/pivot-shuttle-lt-pro-first-ride-review
Most bike reviews are "good" though. It's pretty damn hard to come across a bad bike these days, but, for this price that motor should be a gen 5, no acceptions.

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
I ordered the Orbea Wild M-LTD 2024 with the CX Race motor, but after waiting 5 months without delivery, the 2025 model was released with the new Bosch motor. I immediately canceled my order and placed a new one for the 2025 model, and I'm happy I did. It was the same price for the new model with the new motor, so it was a no-brainer for me. I'm also glad I didn't wait for the new LT version.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that the new LT isn't a good bike, but with the old motor at that price? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

When did you last see a review that said anything other than ‘this is an amazing bike, like and subscribe’.

I’m sure it’s a great bike, and it’s nice to see companies still investing in long travel bikes (side stare at Specialized), but using the old motor seems like it’s going to limit sales at that price point.

Funnily enough my main feedback on the shuttle SL was ‘amazing bike, but needs a better motor at that price point’

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
Been looking for direct comparisons between the Race Motor and Gen 5, but can't seem to find any details on why one one choose one over the other. Any links?

Ace
Many people are asking why they went with the old motor and not the new one. Now, here is Pivot's answer (from yt):

@pivotcyclesusa

Great question! We built the Shuttle LT for riders who demand control on the most rugged trails. To achieve this, we gave the Shuttle LT Bosch’s highest level, lightest and most powerful drive unit. The recent update of the standard CX BDU38 drive unit from Bosch is quieter and smoother than its predecessor. However, it is still not comparable to Bosch halo product - the Limited-Edition CX RACE Motor. The Limited-Edition Race Motor is lighter than the CX performance drive unit and runs on long-lasting low-drag ceramic bearings. It also provides 60 percent more power than the Performance CX along with the additional Race Mode assist level.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
When did you last see a review that said anything other than ‘this is an amazing bike, like and subscribe’.

I’m sure it’s a great bike, and it’s nice to see companies still investing in long travel bikes (side stare at Specialized), but using the old motor seems like it’s going to limit sales at that price point.

Funnily enough my main feedback on the shuttle SL was ‘amazing bike, but needs a better motor at that price point’
Yeah, I get your point. These are kind of sales pitches. But bikes are much better than they used to be. Of course these reviews don`t include all the details, for example shit Bosch charging port flap could be mentioned innevery review :D but I care mainly how the geo works and how the bike rides. Don`t care kashima gold or ultimate Mavens, those are personal prefrences…

• Agree
Reactions: Dax

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
It also provides 60 percent more power than the Performance CX along with the additional Race Mode assist level.
Did Pivot say this? I have not seen anywhere that the Race Motor is 60% more powerful than the standard CX!

I’ve got the Race and the new Gen5. Power seems identical, but the Race can get the max assistance at a lower rider input level, and it has a longer over run.

But silence of the new motor and much smoother performance all over compared to the Race mean I much prefer the Gen 5.

killerade

Sep 25, 2024
Slovenia
Did Pivot say this? I have not seen anywhere that the Race Motor 60% more powerful than the standard CX!

I’ve got the Race and the new Gen5. Power seems identical, but the Race can get the max assistance at a lower rider input level, and it has a longer over run.

But silence of the new motor and much smoother performance all over compared to the Race mean I much prefer the Gen 5.

I think they are referring to the 400% assist compared to the 340% on the non-Race motor. 🙂 You can read this in the comments.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I think they are referring to the 400% assist compared to the 340% on the non-Race motor. 🙂 You can read this in the comments.

Well that makes no sense really.

They say the Race motor has the following advantages over the regular performance CX:

“Runs on long-lasting low-drag ceramic
bearings” and “60% more power” along with the “additional Race Mode”

Other than the race mode (which is really good IMO), I don’t recall any literature, or Bosch ever mentioning the race motor is 60% more powerful or having different bearings over the regular motor.

I went to the press launch of the Race motor in 2022 and this stuff was never mentioned as far as I remember.

I do like that Pivot bike. But the asking price of £11K for the top model with a motor and battery from 2022 is asking a lot. Tech in e-bikes changes fast.

I also don’t like the fact they are stating figures that are potentially misleading.

If the bike was a great price, then that might be a different matter. But the reality is that it’s a top price bike for an older gen motor and the old gen battery (as well as no cutout for a potential new display from bosch, like a few other e-bikes are releasing with).

Bogdan_CH

Apr 22, 2020
Oradea, Romania
These are a just marketing / P.R. Ppl excuses for missing an opportunity here. If this was with Pivot intention or Bosch , we will never know for sure but for anyone seriously interested into the tech of an Emtb will not be appealing at all. Maybe at 25% off MSRP from the beginning.

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
Well that makes no sense really.

They say the Race motor has the following advantages over the regular performance CX:

“Runs on long-lasting low-drag ceramic
bearings” and “60% more power” along with the “additional Race Mode”

Other than the race mode (which is really good IMO), I don’t recall any literature, or Bosch ever mentioning the race motor is 60% more powerful or having different bearings over the regular motor.

I went to the press launch of the Race motor in 2022 and this stuff was never mentioned as far as I remember.

I do like that Pivot bike. But the asking price of £11K for the top model with a motor and battery from 2022 is asking a lot. Tech in e-bikes changes fast.

I also don’t like the fact they are stating figures that are potentially misleading.

If the bike was a great price, then that might be a different matter. But the reality is that it’s a top price bike for an older gen motor and the old gen battery (as well as no cutout for a potential new display from bosch, like a few other e-bikes are releasing with).

It’s 2 years late. Maybe the project was delayed.

I think the 60% they are talking about is the level of assistance. Bosch advertisers that the CX Race has 400% assistance over the 340% assistance advertised on the Performance CX.

Edit: That's last gen performance CX I'm talking about.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I think the 60% they are talking about is the level of assistance. Bosch advertisers that the CX Race has 400% assistance over the 340% assistance advertised on the Performance CX.

Edit: That's last gen performance CX I'm talking about.
I see what they are suggesting. But the way they phrase it makes it sound like the Race motor has more power.

It just takes less rider power to deliver the full 85Nm / 600w.

Eg:
- 400% assistance: 150 watts rider power required to deliver the maximum 600 watts motor power.
- 340% assistance: 177 watts rider power required to deliver the 600 watts max motor power.

Peak power and torque is identical between the two motors. It’s a software map on the Race motor.

Ace Freely

Jul 31, 2019
Wenatchee, Wa
Reply from Pivot

Screenshot_20241022_144737_YouTube.jpg

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Seems like marketing BS to justify missing the point on their new bike.

They could have lower the price or delay and rework bottom mold, that was not big difficulty.

I would bet they switch to race at the last moment with this BS as an excuse.

Still do not understand why they did not took the time to make it right with gen5 as they were coming from totally another brand motor.

Or they really did it by design which no offense not very smart.

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
I see what they are suggesting. But the way they phrase it makes it sound like the Race motor has more power.

It just takes less rider power to deliver the full 85Nm / 600w.

Eg:
- 400% assistance: 150 watts rider power required to deliver the maximum 600 watts motor power.
- 340% assistance: 177 watts rider power required to deliver the 600 watts max motor power.

Peak power and torque is identical between the two motors. It’s a software map on the Race motor.
Yeah, totally agree that the way they worded it is shady and deceptive.

Everyone keeps saying that the bike industry is struggling, honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was all intentional. Buy a bunch of last gen motors for cheap and try con everyone into paying Gen 5 price.

Do you have a review of the new Crestline coming out anytime soon? I want a new ebike, but none of these new bikes that have released in the last few weeks have impressed me enough to make a purchase, at least not for the prices they are asking anyway.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Do you have a review of the new Crestline coming out anytime soon?
Yes. Coming next few weeks.

I’ve had more time on this bike (since the first gen) than all others over the last year. The new one is an improvement for sure, mainly due to the new bosch Gen 5 and other small refinements like the battery skid plate cover being better quality as well as some other small part improvements.

It’ll receive new Bosch hardware with whatever they do with the top tube screen thing as it has the blanking plate for it. And whatever new software updates come in the future.

Plus using new high energy density batteries.

It’s so customisable:
400wh / 600wh / 800wh + range extender
Run as 160mm / 180mm travel

Multiple chainstay options (from 445 - 455 - 463mm), reach adjust headsets as standard etc with ZS56 top and bottom headsets.

Geo is decent, solid enduro geo. Frame is good quality, well made (ironically, made in the same factory as pivot as far as I’m aware, VIP Composites),

It’s a big travel enduro rig with a big battery.

Suspension platform works well. They have a good tune with cascade components.

There are a couple minor downsides (battery takes a bit longer to remove for indoor charging if you need to do that, I’d like a touch more dropper insertion, and being really picky gets a bit of stone rash around pivot linkages, and bearings in the firing line from mud and crap, and it ain’t cheap. But the VPP but on the whole is a solid platform).

Its my favourite all round e-bike out there in my opinion right now for me and my riding / style and has a load of configuration options and the latest electronics.

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
Yes. Coming next few weeks.

I’ve had more time on this bike (since the first gen) than all others over the last year. The new one is an improvement for sure, mainly due to the new bosch Gen 5 and other small refinements like the battery skid plate cover being better quality as well as some other small part improvements.

It’ll receive new Bosch hardware with whatever they do with the top tube screen thing as it has the blanking plate for it. And whatever new software updates come in the future.

Plus using new high energy density batteries.

It’s so customisable:
400wh / 600wh / 800wh + range extender
Run as 160mm / 180mm travel

Multiple chainstay options (from 445 - 455 - 463mm), reach adjust headsets as standard etc with ZS56 top and bottom headsets.

Geo is decent, solid enduro geo. Frame is good quality, well made (ironically, made in the same factory as pivot as far as I’m aware, VIP Composites),

It’s a big travel enduro rig with a big battery.

Suspension platform works well. They have a good tune with cascade components.

There are a couple minor downsides (battery takes a bit longer to remove for indoor charging if you need to do that, I’d like a touch more dropper insertion, and being really picky gets a bit of stone rash around pivot linkages, and bearings in the firing line from mud and crap, and it ain’t cheap. But the VPP but on the whole is a solid platform).

Its my favourite all round e-bike out there in my opinion right now for me and my riding / style and has a load of configuration options and the latest electronics.
Yeah, one of the most appealing things for me is the fact I can buy just the frameset and build the bike I want. Wish more companies would go that route.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles