Pic of the Day

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
It has been a little damp this week so I took the opportunity to hike around to look for several unsanctioned trails that I have been wanted to find. I also found out they are rebuilding an old North Shore Classic - Salvation, which is full of interesting features. The roller coaster on Boogieman always scares the crap out of me as it looks straight down when you are on it. The last pic of lily pad drop was the trail I was looking for but... whoa!

20231105_132532.jpg

Salvation 1.JPG

Salvation 2.JPG

Biigieman 1.JPG

Biigieman 2.JPG

Pangor.JPG

Boogie Plus.jpg

Boogie Plus 2.jpg

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
It has been a little damp this week so I took the opportunity to hike around to look for several unsanctioned trails that I have been wanted to find. I also found out they are rebuilding an old North Shore Classic - Salvation, which is full of interesting features. The roller coaster on Boogieman always scares the crap out of me as it looks straight down when you are on it. The last pic of lily pad drop was the trail I was looking for but... whoa!

View attachment 128426

View attachment 128427

View attachment 128428

View attachment 128429

View attachment 128430

View attachment 128431

View attachment 128432

View attachment 128433
Un-be-lie-ve-ab-le!😲 Great pics and marvelous looking trail but I would be to shy to ride it.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I also run that shock at 300psi & a Gnar dog token & it still near bottoms out. I'm about 90kg, plus 5 or so with kit I guess. Can't decide whether I've got it dialled, it's underpowered, or I'm a fat bastard.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Went out last night, it didn't feel especially sloppy...

View attachment 128477
Wife and I went out on Monday afternoon. Wasn't especially muddy but when the South Downs chalk gets mixed in with the slop it's a bastard to clean. We did a nice downhill (from the Tumulus to Staple Ash Farm) which was also leaf covered, into the sun. So with the low sun it was difficult to see and also often couldn't see the rain rutted surface under the leaves. I have a screaming wife who doesn't use her brakes. 😆

Screenshot_20231108_103220_Strava~2.jpg

Screenshot_20231108_103743_OS Maps~2.jpg

Last edited:

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I also run that shock at 300psi & a Gnar dog token & it still near bottoms out. I'm about 90kg, plus 5 or so with kit I guess. Can't decide whether I've got it dialled, it's underpowered, or I'm a fat bastard.
Wife has the same shock on her Rail. I put a Megneg on it and now it works pretty nicely.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Not much use on muddy trails, can't stop every few yards and brush the mud off ...
I can confirm that a wire brush might remove that UK Mud. There’s probably a mixture of clay and natural glue included in the dirt.

Simply zip tie three wire brushes to your front forks. (Underside of crown and both forks.) do the same for the rear triangle.

Your welcome 🤗

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I can confirm that a wire brush might remove that UK Mud. There’s probably a mixture of clay and natural glue included in the dirt.

Simply zip tie three wire brushes to your front forks. (Underside of crown and both forks.) do the same for the rear triangle.

Your welcome 🤗
That's the one. Need turbo to keep bike going at a decent speed , and the headphones 🎧 to block out the brush noise . New Christy Minstrels song on
( Three wheels on my wagon ). Imagination is a great thing.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Mud? No problem for me. There must be somethimg wrong with either your mud or your tires ;) :

In the „Matsch“

View attachment 128520

After „Matsch“

View attachment 128521
That is boutique mud, designed to make you think you are riding through mud.

This is mud! Lincolnshire clay soil a few days after rain (so it is sticky not sloppy).
Focus mud_1600_1200.jpg

The stays were shaping the mud and I thought that the paint would be stripped off, so I had to stop. If you look carefully, in line with the top tube, there is a stick! And look at the lower jockey!
I cleaned most of that off and got the bike going, only to have to do it again after 200 yards.

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

This is mud! Lincolnshire clay soil a few days after rain (so it is sticky not sloppy).
View attachment 128557
The stays wewre shaping the mud and I thought that the paint would be stripped off, so I had to stop. If you look carefully, in line with the top tube, there is a stick! And look at the lower jockey!
I cleaned most of that off and got the bike going, only to have to do it again after 200 yards.
A puncture would have topped it off.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
That's the one. Need turbo to keep bike going at a decent speed , and the headphones 🎧 to block out the brush noise . New Christy Minstrels song on
( Three wheels on my wagon ). Imagination is a great thing.
I can’t take credit for this genius idea but I wouldn’t mind a small mention in the patent application.

“Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention” -a forum member.…I think 🤔

I suppose a BBQ grate cleaner could also be used because those are available with nylon brushes now.

I’m currently designing a metal cage which fits over a bread toaster to prevent anyone from shoving a fork or knife into the electrical heating filaments. Should save lives. Must be a metal cage though. (Ask how I know).😉

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany

View attachment 128557
The stays wewre shaping the mud and I thought that the paint would be stripped off, so I had to stop. If you look carefully, in line with the top tube, there is a stick! And look at the lower jockey!
OT: I was wondering, why I couldn't see the image, so I tried to download it. It's 7.1 MB!!! This forum apparently won't resize uploaded pics to reduce data usage and bandwidth. So maybe everyone tries to be a little more sensitive to file size. 😉

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany

Pat. Pending 😉

IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3065.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles