Brittany, France
My light sucks ..

1696368238930.png

That was a bale ...

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
My light is great. I crashed tonight & bust the mount which I've discovered is out of stock everywhere. 😭

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Parties over back to reality. Winter is coming. Had a great 22 miler two days ago bone dry fast trails at Fochabers Monster trails only six miles from home. Went back today and did same ride . It rained all the time ground has been so dry water was just lying there. Back to washing bike every ride now probably. Wet clothes and loads of grit left in the bath wife telling me to grow up , ah the joys

20231004_122901.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Parties over back to reality. Winter is coming. Had a great 22 miler two days ago bone dry fast trails at Fochabers Monster trails only six miles from home. Went back today and did same ride . It rained all the time ground has been so dry water was just lying there. Back to washing bike every ride now probably. Wet clothes and loads of grit left in the bath wife telling me to grow up , ah the joys

View attachment 126070
Best time of the year ..who needs dry & dusty trails ..bring on the slop..yay 😉😎

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

View attachment 126070
I haven't been up there for a couple of years, but I put a 20ish mile route in my Garmin and was all set to go up last Sunday. My wife decided to come in at about 1am, wake me up, and for some bizarre reason thought I wanted to hear all about her night. By the time she'd finished, I was wide awake and ended up reading a book for an hour... and then lying awake for what felt like forever. At that point, my plan of leaving Aberdeen at about 6am was kyboshed... and I just went for a local ride at about 9am instead! Shame, because it'd been dry for a while - so the trails would have been good.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I haven't been up there for a couple of years, but I put a 20ish mile route in my Garmin and was all set to go up last Sunday. My wife decided to come in at about 1am, wake me up, and for some bizarre reason thought I wanted to hear all about her night. By the time she'd finished, I was wide awake and ended up reading a book for an hour... and then lying awake for what felt like forever. At that point, my plan of leaving Aberdeen at about 6am was kyboshed... and I just went for a local ride at about 9am instead! Shame, because it'd been dry for a while - so the trails would have been good.
Yes good 2 days ago so I went back today but really wet. Blue skies all afternoon typical. Plenty there to use up a full battery if you explore. Nothing hairy scary either so suits me.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I had a look on Strava at the downhill trail I binned it on last night. Best I've ever done it is 54 seconds. Turns out I'm 17 seconds off world cup pace. Also, Rob is a mate of ours. He's a school teacher. :cool:

SW_UaIc2.jpg

Last edited:

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
My pic of the day is showcasing my new to me 06' Honda Odyssey Van. My red Chevy blew a head gasket so off to Carvio it goes. Vehicle prices are through the roof here in the US and I am glad that my days of the need to have a really dependable newish rig are behind me and cheap vehicles still exist! Lets just say that the bike in the back is worth more than the van.....

The new and the old.jpg

I live in a relatively remote area and it took awhile to find something suitable that I could get to and had to travel 60 miles away to get it. It just happens to be the loaded version with leather, sun roof and auto sliding doors and all works well with no check engine light. Going to perform a fluid/filter swap in the motor and tranny just because I can and my mechanic said it is going to need rear brakes soon but I can manage that also.

However older cars can be a bit of a gamble so I make sure I have my AAA membership in good standing as well as a backup eBike in case it breaks down in an area of no cell coverage so I can get to that if needed. Plus it is just nice to be able to load up bikes if I take one of the back seats out. I took out the middle jumper already so the one fits nicely with the wheels on and is relatively out of sight. Plenty of room for the camping gear box as well! Backup ride 2.jpg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Sat sulking..... constant ongoing chain suck and whilst trying to adjust during the ride I propped the bike up insecurely... The bike gave way to gravity falling hard onto rocky ground, only later did I realise that it has totally smashed my rear glass cover on my phone.

Not having much luck lately it seems lol.

Image is during a coffee break prior to smash realisation
IMG_20231007_114649.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
A few from yesterday's Lakeland trip with Ant , Jaco & Wayne ..wet, windy & wild ..but still fun .Wayne & Jaco
20231007_104514~2.jpg
20231007_104523.jpg

Looking back at Ant on the same climb towards Great Lingy ( he started a few mins after us).
Jaco on the drop to Fellside...Ant in the far distance ( zoom)
20231007_111050.jpg

Ant , Wayne & Jaco at the top of the Whitewater Dash climb..
20231007_135252.jpg
20231007_135302.jpg

Looking back towards Skiddaw House Hostel on the excellent bridleway down to Mosedale( last pic )
Ant taking a pic of Jaco on a successful stream crossing ..his first attempt of the day ended with him taking an early bath ...no pics though 😁.
20231007_152155.jpg

Great day out with the boys .. 25miles and approx 3,800ft climbing 20231007_145206.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles