Pic of the Day

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Ride around today stopped at St. Anthony's well in FoD - associated with Flaxley Abbey founded in 1148 but might be older . . or younger.
20230829_132705~2.jpg
20230829_111302~2.jpg
20230829_132717~2.jpg

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Always ALWAYS prioritise your own ebike over your kids lol... Ended up having to ride this PITA ( love the colour though lol )
IMG_20230902_150105_443.jpg

as I could only carry 2 bikes on the car for a mini break. Back has been extremely bad so didn't think I would be riding but got persuaded into it so me and the wife had to get hire bikes !! The only bikes available were a fleet of rockriders which were literally like riding rocks. Probably put me out of action for a few more weeks now but the kids loved it which was the goal.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
In fairness, I was here. It's a little clearing on private land just along from a racing stables. I think they pile up their rubbish in the centre of it & have a decent bonfire once in a while along with a few whatever it is horsey people drink.

Untitled.png

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
Lovely trip up to North West with all the toys. Planned circular route on bike didn't work the track disappeared. Don't do hike a bike anymore. Weather spot on for a change.

View attachment 123779 View attachment 123780 View attachment 123781 View attachment 123782 View attachment 123783 View attachment 123784 View attachment 123785 View attachment 123786 View attachment 123787
Best of luck if you're thinking of biking Foinaven or Arkle! Still got them to do but not on the bike. Looks good weather. Last time that I was up there it was the usual horizontal rain.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Best of luck if you're thinking of biking Foinaven or Arkle! Still got them to do but not on the bike. Looks good weather. Last time that I was up there it was the usual horizontal rain.
No I only intended cycling up to Bealach Horn then intended working my way to Glen Golly but track gets horrendous afterr An Dubh Loch .Spoke to gamekeepers who were stalking on my way back so know more about the roads now . Did Arkle last year nice hill Fionhavon I fancy but I would need a overnight camp to do that it's a long day. I did Quinag on Thursday lovely .that was. My favourite area up there or Torridon I think I always head up there six times a year probably. Only Munro I did on Ebike was Mount Keen you get to 30 metres from the top. Seen tracks on Ben Avon good luck to anyone trying mountains on bikes .Enjoy

Last edited:

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
No I only intended cycling up to Bealach Horn then intended working my way to Glen Golly but track gets horrendous afterr An Dubh Loch .Spoke to gamekeepers who were stalking on my way back so know more about the roads now . Did Arkle last year nice hill Fionhavon I fancy but I would need a overnight camp to do that it's a long day. I did Quinag on Thursday lovely .that was. My favourite area up there or Torridon I think I always head up there six times a year probably. Only Munro I did on Ebike was Mount Keen you get to 30 metres from the top. Seen tracks on Ben Avon good luck to anyone trying mountains on bikes .Enjoy
I'd be interested in which roads go as it might be something to do if I can't stand the rain and the endless/bottomless peat bogs and slippy rocks. I've stayed a couple of times in the estate cottages so I could at least stay warm & dry and watch the telly. How are the dreaded midge?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'd be interested in which roads go as it might be something to do if I can't stand the rain and the endless/bottomless peat bogs and slippy rocks. I've stayed a couple of times in the estate cottages so I could at least stay warm & dry and watch the telly. How are the dreaded midge?
Yes midge were out yesterday not horrendous but irritating. I stayed in van it was hot with sun and couldn't open doors with midge. I will send you a map of where I went in a couple of days.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles