Nevada
Reno, Nevada

IMG_5714.jpeg IMG_5717.png

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
On my way home, again, I had to take this picture on a very clear day. Mount Baker U.S. of A in the background.

View attachment 142747
But my morning climb was interesting.

View attachment 142748
Took me several minutes to escape from this uphill crash. Backpack was top heavy and I thought I could make it.

I was actually riding opposite of where the bike lay. Over backwards and pinned between the bike and backpack full of heavy wood decking. Couldn’t find the release straps.

Soft landing though …bike was just fine.
👍🏻

Fall Off.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Kielder again for me today ..wanted to get an earlier start than the elevenish time I got going but it was still misty & quite cool for the first 40mins or so ..then el scorchio..
Osprey ..my trail of choice today ..but didn't see the sign saying a certain section was closed until I got there ( Forestry work ) ..so had to turn back and then add on a few extra bits ..
Deadwater Fell ..no summit today although I did do the last section ( Twist & Shout ) to get me in the mood
1000007071.jpg

Kielder Castle ( mag x7.5 )..with the observatory top left ( dark skies area)
1000007072.jpg

Fantastic singletrack for a Blue trail ..it just flows so well..
1000007073.jpg

By 1.00pm I was looking for a nice cool place to eat my sarnie ..and Wainhope Bothy fit the bill perfectly ..left in superb condition by its previous visitor ..
1000007081.jpg
1000007074.jpg
1000007075.jpg
1000007076.jpg
1000007077.jpg
1000007078.jpg
1000007079.jpg
1000007080.jpg

The last section of singletrack ( Osprey Chick) ..which has only recently re-opened ..was a cracking way to finish the ride ..
1000007082.jpg
1000007083.jpg
1000007085.jpg

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Kielder again for me today ..wanted to get an earlier start than the elevenish time I got going but it was still misty & quite cool for the first 40mins or so ..then el scorchio..
Osprey ..my trail of choice today ..but didn't see the sign saying a certain section was closed until I got there ( Forestry work ) ..so had to turn back and then add on a few extra bits ..
Deadwater Fell ..no summit today although I did do the last section ( Twist & Shout ) to get me in the mood
View attachment 142857
Kielder Castle ( mag x7.5 )..with the observatory top left ( dark skies area) View attachment 142858
Fantastic singletrack for a Blue trail ..it just flows so well.. View attachment 142859
By 1.00pm I was looking for a nice cool place to eat my sarnie ..and Wainhope Bothy fit the bill perfectly ..left in superb condition by its previous visitor ..
View attachment 142860 View attachment 142861 View attachment 142862 View attachment 142863 View attachment 142864 View attachment 142865 View attachment 142866 View attachment 142867
The last section of singletrack ( Osprey Chick) ..which has only recently re-opened ..was a cracking way to finish the ride ..
View attachment 142868 View attachment 142869 View attachment 142870
You do live in a lovely part of the world. :love:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Yes, intentionally as I seem to do more climbing than descending lol both front and rear set backwards
I can understand the logic on the rear wheel as it is driving you forward and the blocks will grip better. Increased rolling resistance, but a good compromise if you get better climbing. Marginally worse rear braking though, but the front brake is supposed to do most of the slowing down, so no matter.

But I'm surprised that you turned around the front tyre. It is not doing any driving forward, so all you get is increased rolling resistance (because the blocks are facing forwards when riding and not the ramps) and reduced braking (because the ramps are facing forwards when braking and not the front face of the blocks).

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
But I'm surprised that you turned around the front tyre. It is not doing any driving forward, so all you get is increased rolling resistance (because the blocks are facing forwards when riding and not the ramps) and reduced braking (because the ramps are facing forwards when braking and not the front face of the blocks).

Sounds like more danger ( FUN ) when you put it like that

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Looks like the Matterhorn to me on the horizon.
Yeah, that's the Matterhorn. I used to work for Roche, and they sent me to Switzerland twice. Both times I added a week of personal fun time to the week of work. I spent some time in Zermatt, which is where these pics were taken. The hang gliding ride was awesome, at least until I got "seasick". The emtb was a rental, and my first emtb experience. I bought my Levo shortly after returning home.

I really want to go back, but it's a lot more painful to pay for your own plane tickets, especially now that I'm retired!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yeah, that's the Matterhorn. I used to work for Roche, and they sent me to Switzerland twice. Both times I added a week of personal fun time to the week of work. I spent some time in Zermatt, which is where these pics were taken. The hang gliding ride was awesome, at least until I got "seasick". The emtb was a rental, and my first emtb experience. I bought my Levo shortly after returning home.

I really want to go back, but it's a lot more painful to pay for your own plane tickets, especially now that I'm retired!
Brilliant I have been there skiing a few times . As for the Hang Gliding I had a few solo flights at Glenshee, crashed and broke ankle game over . You take care now you hear

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Great ride out today with @The Hodge, @Tonybro and @drewbirks. Out of the village of Dent in the West Yorkshire Dales. A big old loop taking in the magnificent Ribblehead viaduct. I can’t describe where else we went because we were in the clouds most of the time. Very wet conditions but didn’t dampen the enjoyment of the day.
I did meet up with Compo, Foggy and Clegg in the cafe at Ribblehead station. IMG_8033.jpeg
Didn’t take anymore pics because ther was nothing to see but mist…….
Thanks for the smashing cup of tea Tony and the a pint in the Swan Neil.
Love your new fork Drew.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Great ride out today with @The Hodge, @Tonybro and @drewbirks. Out of the village of Dent in the West Yorkshire Dales. A big old loop taking in the magnificent Ribblehead viaduct. I can’t describe where else we went because we were in the clouds most of the time. Very wet conditions but didn’t dampen the enjoyment of the day.
I did meet up with Compo, Foggy and Clegg in the cafe at Ribblehead station. View attachment 142996
Didn’t take anymore pics because ther was nothing to see but mist…….
Thanks for the smashing cup of tea Tony and the a pint in the Swan Neil.
Love your new fork Drew.
...and it was wet ..wet enough to drown a fish 🐟..but fun 😁
As with Wayne I didn't take a whole lot of pics due to the weather but to be honest we knew what it was going to be like before we even set off from home .
Looking back at my home village at 7.00am this morning ..nice and sunny
1000007104.jpg

Drew ..oh and the thing in the background is Ribblehead train viaduct which took 1500 men to build in the eighteen hundreds ..100 of whom gave their lives ..
1000007108.jpg

Drew, Tony & Wayne on Great Wold on the side of Whernside ..a tough climb before it Morphs into a steep & very rocky drop which is a great way to end the last bit of off-road riding prior to a tarmac spin back into Dent .
My track recording once again decided to switch off part way around ..but according to Tony ..22miles with just shy of 3000ft climbing ...in great company .
Cheers lads
1000007109.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles