Dec 10, 2022
Croatia
2023-11-26-12-48-20-465.jpg

2023-11-26-20-51-17-023.jpg

2023-11-26-20-52-35-534.jpg

tolmie35

Jul 29, 2021
Glasgow
I’m suppose to get grumpier as I get older so I’m trying to notice the small stuff …like small forks mixed in with the big forks, toilet paper rolls installed backwards, butter spread too close to the edge of a slice of toast, etc …I’ve got a lot to learn 😉
Butter can never be spread to close to the edge, really annoys me when they miss the corners.

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
Castlewellan, Co Down, N Ireland earlier today.

Traditional birthday pootle today and it was rather good. Very cold but windless, and the trails were dry and riding very well. For various reasons I haven’t been out and about as much recently but I plan to correct that this year.

I recognise the importance of good nutrition before and after a ride so I ensured my body was fuelled.

A grand day out.

IMG_7060.jpeg
IMG_7062.jpeg
IMG_7071.jpeg
IMG_7074.jpeg
IMG_7077.jpeg
IMG_7083.jpeg
IMG_7084.jpeg

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Castlewellan, Co Down, N Ireland earlier today.

Traditional birthday pootle today and it was rather good. Very cold but windless, and the trails were dry and riding very well. For various reasons I haven’t been out and about as much recently but I plan to correct that this year.

I recognise the importance of good nutrition before and after a ride so I ensured my body was fuelled.

A grand day out.

View attachment 132282 View attachment 132283 View attachment 132284 View attachment 132285 View attachment 132286 View attachment 132287 View attachment 132288
Interesting use of cress on a fried breakfast. Do they put that on to make the fry-up healthier?

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
A few days into my new purchase.... and have been riding over to some of my local trail areas. The one here is a military test track location. Some nice trails but somewhat underused with quite a lot of forest debris... but to contradict myself, some are a bit chewed up by motocross riders (riding there illegally). Bikes and walkers allowed. Just loving the Cube.
Cubebagshot1.jpg

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
That’s a good rule. Hikers and joggers might have something to say about that though. I hope to pimp-out my walker this year.

View attachment 132325
Meanwhile I’ll gather some ideas until I need it again. 😉
Other than on the fire roads I haven't come across any walkers on the trails I've been riding. I don't think they would suit the casual dog walker. Actually, it's not somewhere I've ridden much pre e-mtb as a lot of the climbs are beyond me but for the Cube it's really rather good and very convenient... about 1.5 miles from home.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I’m suppose to get grumpier as I get older so I’m trying to notice the small stuff …like small forks mixed in with the big forks, toilet paper rolls installed backwards, butter spread too close to the edge of a slice of toast, etc …I’ve got a lot to learn 😉
OMG! That is three more things to get grumpy about! :eek:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I can’t wait till I reach the stage where “I don’t give a sh*t”. Soon me thinks. 😉
Told by SWMBO that that's how people feel when they're really old and incontinent. Ah yes, the SWMBO whose bike I had to clean in return for a very tasty supper. Was it a good deal? Well, jury's out (took 40 minutes ffs!) 😉

Last edited:

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Today was going up a trail to the top of Chalkpit Lane (in West Sussex, UK) and there's trees down over it.

20240114_130549.jpg

So I push the bike over to the left to get around the trees and see piles of branches in my way along the fence.

20240114_125859.jpg

Can't get my bike past these so think "fuckit, I'll chuck them over the fence to the left". Which I did (and chucked the last pile over the fence when I pushed my bike up to it).

20240114_130529.jpg

Might have been put there by ramblers to discourage bikers, or perhaps by horse riders. Either way they're gone for the ride with my wife tomorrow. Result.

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yes lots of folk don't like cyclists of any description . They walk along in the middle of track never look round and glour like xxxx at you when you creep past at 3mph. Lot of born again walkers since covid. A woman on a horse told me I should turn back as her two dogs had never seen a bike before.
I'm going up a trail to the top of Chalkpit Lane (in West Sussex, UK) and there's trees down over it.

View attachment 132432

So I push the bike over to the left to get around the trees and see piles of branches in my way along the fence.

View attachment 132433

Can't get my bike past these so think "fuckit, I'll chuck them over the fence to the left". Which I did (and chucked the last pile over the fence when I pushed my bike up to it).

View attachment 132434

Might have been put there by ramblers to discourage bikers, or perhaps by horse riders. Either way they're gone for ride with wife tomorrow. Result

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Yes lots of folk don't like cyclists of any description . They walk along in the middle of track never look round and glour like xxxx at you when you creep past at 3mph. Lot of born again walkers since covid. A woman on a horse told me I should turn back as her two dogs had never seen a bike before.
[rant]From time to time while on Bridleways I get told by dog walkers that I have no right to be there on a bike. They simply don't know the rights of way laws and nothing you say will convince them. They're just thick and also think you love their dogs as much as they do. But I'm always polite to them.[/rant]

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles