Pic of the Day

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Big Christmas over at my brother's place. They've all come down with the Rona, so it's looking like a ride & whatever's in the freezer tomorrow.

intro-1608153304.jpg

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
High above Orange County, CA overlooking the pacific ocean at the top of my favorite trail, the infamous Joplin. Joplin is a 2.2 mile, -16.7% average descent that drops 2,000 in one shot. There are several sections of this trail with grades in excess of -30% for not so short sections. This is the trail that the original crank brothers dropper seat post was named after.... it is that legendary.

Photos taken on 12/18/21, gorgeous day.

2EnXx33.jpg

6cvlK0L.jpg

EDi3p39.jpg

aaOYIR8.jpg

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Cool! I haven't done Joplin since before the fire, but Old Camp is a frequent destination.
How'd you get up? Maple Springs? Holy Jim?

I climbed up Harding for this one. I tossed in the run down to the luge flag from old camp and a luge run in for good measure. I considered doing lower joplin instead of the luge, which is what I should have done... (you didn't hear it from me, but it's been brushed and cleaned up)... I've down this route a few times on pedal bikes, and if I can find some friends that are available, I prefer to shuttle from cooks corner to the bottom of maple springs. With an ebike, it doesn't matter much and I just head straight for it up harding. With the rise, you need to do about 1,500 - 2,000 in eco mode in order to be able to make it easily on range. my route ended up at 27 miles / 5,100' and I coasted in on electron vapors.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
doing lower joplin instead of the luge, which is what I should have done... (you didn't hear it from me, but it's been brushed and cleaned up)... I've down this route a few times on pedal bikes, and if I can find some friends that are available, I prefer to shuttle

Hmmm... I could be down for a shuttle from Maple Springs to Lower Joplin in a couple weeks, leaving a truck at the bottom of Trabuco. I've never done Lower Joplin. I chose Cadillac once, which was a dumb idea. Last Tuesday I was up on San Juan, looking across to the east side of Santiago Peak. It still looks pretty barren, so I'm guessing upper Joplin is still a no-go.

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Hmmm... I could be down for a shuttle from Maple Springs to Lower Joplin in a couple weeks, leaving a truck at the bottom of Trabuco. I've never done Lower Joplin. I chose Cadillac once, which was a dumb idea. Last Tuesday I was up on San Juan, looking across to the east side of Santiago Peak. It still looks pretty barren, so I'm guessing upper Joplin is still a no-go.

I was also riding SJT on tuesday with a friend. Good chance we saw each other there, were you with the group of rises?

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I was also riding SJT on tuesday with a friend. Good chance we saw each other there, were you with the group of rises?

I was with a lady on a new Rise. I was on a Heckler.
All I recall is an old dude riding acoustic. He was waiting on some EMTB riders, but we passed him on the switchbacks. A guy named Steve D, and there were a couple blokes in a tricked out van at the parking lot when we returned. I think we missed the old man's crew because they just went up to Cocktail and turned around. We rode Old San Juan up to Blue Jay, then came back New San Juan.

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.

ebsocalmtb & RustyIron,

My group did the San Juan lollipop on our Rises last Tuesday (In the pic, I'm wearing the blue flannel). I saw several groups of riders at Cocktail Rock, I saw a light colored Rise, was that you? Before my accident, I used to ride my pedal bike from Cooks to Harding, and do Joplin down to the Luge. I've always really loved that ride. I've also taken my bike down Cadillac...just once....RustyIron, your assessment of Cadillac is spot on. I've been wondering how the lower Holy Jim to Main Divide is since the reopening? Anybody do this trail lately?

My Rise has a 360wh battery and I can't find a range extender anywhere. I've been wondering if it's possible to do Harding/Joplin on my Rise without an extender battery.

Sam Juan Trail - So. California
San Juan.jpg

IMG_0673.JPG

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
I’m in southern Mississippi visiting family for the holidays. Got to ride the local Mt. Zion Bike Trails outside of Brookhaven, MS.

It’s definitely a change to ride amongst the trees as opposed to riding in my beloved deserts of New Mexico.

Trails are fun. Some short, punchy climbs with flowy, short downhills. And other slightly techy ups and downs. Lots of up and down!

IMG_6380.jpg

IMG_6382.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles