Pic of the Day

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
You suck etoni! Stop posting those pics or you'll end up with a tribe of frothing emtbers knocking on your door.
Is this your hoemtown or is it a tourist spot or both?
About the trails - do you drive up to them or ride from town & if so what elevation are they.
How long are your typical rides up there?
this are public trails.
this is public transport, "postbus". they take you almost everywhere in switzerland. today to chandolin in wallis 2k then uphill to hotel weisshorn 2.3k then on to 2..5k direction zinal and through the forests back via ayer st-luc chandolin to sierre.

Last edited:

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
this are public trails.
this is public transport, "postbus". they take you almost everywhere in switzerland. today to chandolin in wallis 2k then uphill to hotel weisshorn 2.3k then on to 2..5k direction zinal and through the forests back via ayer st-luc chandolin to sierre.

@etoni In Switzerland, what are the rules about riding on ‘public trails”?
Looking at your map, there are lots of trails and they all use the same type of dashed line. On a U.K. OS map, because the markings are the same style, that would mean access was identical on all those trails. You’ll no doubt know that in the U.K. there’s more than one type of public trail; some can be cycled on and some are just for walking (there’s more mesmerising complexity than that, but I’ll not go there 🙄). If you can cycle at all on a trail in the U.K., you can always take an unmodified peddled eeb on that trail, unlike in some countries (e.g. U.S.).
Thanks — learning so much from your amazing posts 😊💪🌈

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
@etoni In Switzerland, what are the rules about riding on ‘public trails”?
Looking at your map, there are lots of trails and they all use the same type of dashed line. On a U.K. OS map, because the markings are the same style, that would mean access was identical on all those trails. You’ll no doubt know that in the U.K. there’s more than one type of public trail; some can be cycled on and some are just for walking (there’s more mesmerising complexity than that, but I’ll not go there 🙄). If you can cycle at all on a trail in the U.K., you can always take an unmodified peddled eeb on that trail, unlike in some countries (e.g. U.S.).
Thanks — learning so much from your amazing posts 😊💪🌈
trails are all open for cycling

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Between work, her majesty my daughter & an old ankle injury flaring up, I've done naff all riding lately. Put that right today. (y)

hJcmhK_k.jpg large.jpg
YpaFcvfp.jpg large.jpg
FB6ggbNWQAQXhGK.jpg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Due to the fact that my riding buddy @The Hodge is still suffering the after effects of a broken flask I took to the hills alone. No pics coz all you see is 50 shades of grey….. was a right pea souper
Was a good ride and I’m pleased the mudhugger is fitted now, the trails were clarty. I took a couple of wrong turns in the poor visibility so thank the lord for the OS maps app and GPS. 😅😅
The pics will give a sense on the ride.

6DE74993-34FD-4298-9868-89224B69588D.png

C92766BF-8A56-494C-9C8C-1710DB7DAE60.png

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Great to hear some peeps saying Dalby’s OK. Its not perfect, but there’s lots and lots of fast fun to be had if you explore the best bits and some parts are picturesque too 🥳🥳🥳
View attachment 74156

Let’s see how sharp my trail spotting skills are today …

That was taken after the short climb (before the awkward rocks & roots and series of drops) just after the tight hairpin bend as you enter Worry Gill?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles