Pic of the Day

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I take a bite and my front bridge work (already coming loose) came out completely. So now I have two of my front teeth missing! I turn to show her and there was a little blood. She faints, falls sideways, bangs her head off her bike and knocks herself unconscious! :eek:

Holy cow! The poor girl probably realized what she would be staring at, across the breakfast table, in another forty years. Hope she's recovered.

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Evening ride with our local women’s group, the Doña Ana She Wolves. As usual, I’m the only ebike around. Yes, that’s my fat ass leaning on the red and black Trek.
IMG_5659.jpg

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
You tensed up enough to give yourself cramp??? ?
Never had that happen during a ride or that bad. Strange. I guess it was getting on in the day. Did 2 laps of the first trail that was ez to find then that happened on the other trail but it was hard to find and i climbed probably 5km/2000ft above the enterance looking for it looking in every logging road. Came back down and found it up an overgrown logging road with my battery somewhere in the last bar. A bit tired but not bad but that, the pucker factor and the remoteness got in my head and thus my leg. Potassium shortage? Idk. Made it, it went away and was a good trail. Went around a couple sketchy gaps so ill have to go back for a lap or 3 on it soon

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Yeah ..looks pretty shite..I will give that a miss this year ( ?)..until normal pissing down weather resumes ..hopefully by next year ?
?
p.s....lucky b--tard !
pic 6 ..immediately after a wee dram ??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Let me spin a small yarn...

On Saturday, my wife and I decided to go up to Gisburn Forest for a ride - she would do the Blue and me the Reds (The Eight circuit). Well Bank Holiday traffic meant the motorway was at a standstill so we went across country and saw some lovely parts of rural Lancashire but got to Gisburn OK, if a little longer than anticipated.

My wife says, I've not had much breakfast, lets have the sandwiches now. She packed some for the end of our ride before we set off.

OK, we unload the bikes, go and sit at a picnic table and start on our wholemeal wraps.

I take a bite and my front bridge work (already coming loose) came out completely. So now I have two of my front teeth missing! I turn to show her and there was a little blood. She faints, falls sideways, bangs her head off her bike and knocks herself unconscious! :eek:

I'm trying to get her to come round, which she eventually does, not knowing where she is or what happened.o_O

Manage to get her and the bikes back to the car and go back home...

So lost a day's biking and have no front teeth! :(

Not all lost as the Red Arrows came over on their way back to Scampston from their show at the Isle of Man.

View attachment 70231

Went back on Sunday and did Gisburn on my own. Wife still a bit woozy...

Check out the Footage thread for a small excerpt with an innocuous OTB at the end (less than 2 mins)...
Great feeling though to know you can still make the ladies swoon ...??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
A few pics from Cairngorm and Macdui riding out and back from the doorstep last weekend
Single battery, 4% left.
Riding with friends on acoustic bikes, hence the ride time.

View attachment 70598

View attachment 70599

View attachment 70600

View attachment 70601
Looks fantastic ..but that first pic..could you not find something at least a little bit technical ..???
As boulder fields go ..thats right up there !
It will be next year now before we can hope to get up there ( as long as Covid doesnt kick off again ) ..it's been 2years + since I have ventured that way anyway ..really looking forward to visiting on an ebike ..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
An ancient spring in the woods :

spring.jpg

Put phone back on clamp but didn't tighten properly .. snuck off for a moments relief and watched as the bike fell over into the spring - fortunately landing on the rocks, but the phone fell off and sank ..

By some miracle .. it still works, for now anyway .. so straight after - part of the spring trail ..

spring2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles