Pet-names for your bikes...?

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
My eeb is Mandy the MIG, my campervan is Tracey the Trafic and I live on a boat called Jasmine.

Nothing wrong with naming things.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I must admit, when I’m riding the motorbike and catch up some road bikes going up a hill, the inner child in me makes me slow down sneakily behind them, drop a couple of gears, and then rev and accelerate full blast up the hill. It’s a habit I just can’t break, just like revving the engine when going under a bridge or tunnel ?

1 - No & no - never named a bike, car, motorbike or any other inanimate object in my life. That’d be silly & childish and I’m far too sensible for that

Lol your a pisser!

All my ebikes have been called Evy

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Patrick Field's talk years ago had this great line about bikes "save your love for those who can love you back".

Consequently, I call my stuff by what it is: "the e-bike", "the grey car", "the white car".

My wife, however, has named my bike (Giant Fathom) the "Fat Homme". Harsh, but fair.

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
Hi all,
I have had many bikes over the yrs (I'm fairly old...) and I have always given my bikes a pet-name

e.g My YT Capra was called "Goatee" as Capra is the genus name for the Goat family in Latin; My Levo is called "Speshy" (I know its not very original!)

I have two more sleeps until I get my new steed (Orbea Wild M10)..

I have two questions:
1) Do you have pet names for your bikes? any funny ones you could share??
2) Any suggestions for my Orbea Wild?

Sorry no prizes
Cheers
Steve
Mines Barbara the Bullit??

Geedog

Subscriber
Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
Hello, Yea, I call mine The Tapir, because it has electrical tape here there n everywhere. Trek rail with battery cover and charging point taped around the gap, to stop water and dirt ingress,and kiox taped on for safety.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi all,
I have had many bikes over the yrs (I'm fairly old...) and I have always given my bikes a pet-name

e.g My YT Capra was called "Goatee" as Capra is the genus name for the Goat family in Latin; My Levo is called "Speshy" (I know its not very original!)

I have two more sleeps until I get my new steed (Orbea Wild M10)..

I have two questions:
1) Do you have pet names for your bikes? any funny ones you could share??
2) Any suggestions for my Orbea Wild?

Sorry no prizes
Cheers
Steve
It's normally English tradition that everything and everyone has a nickname or at least a shortened version of their own name..

If you're going with the goat line continuation then something like Ibex or Hibex - "wild" goat ?

Rather than taking the latin wild goat of @Tubby G "orygem" and ending up with Orgy - though there's nothing wrong with sharing. You could go latin noun aegoceros and call it Aggy for short.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I did have a nickname for this, it was Hank, I sold it to buy a EMTB.

View attachment 60086
Sweet. I had an ex who really wanted one of those.. I searched for a decent one for so long that by the time I'd found one we'd spit up (she escaped) so I bought it and gave it to her anyway as it was stupid not to .

Karman.jpg

20 odd years later and amazingly she's still looked after it and it's going strong.

I nicked named that Sassy after the previous owner.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles