Orbea Wild battery - sustainable?

kikoso

Sep 30, 2024
Munich
Hello fellow bikers,

I was about to buy an Orbea Wild M10, and one review got me thinking for a minute.

Since it is embedded, how sustainable would it be to replace the battery in a few years? Other models have a battery that can be extracted, but not this Orbea. Could support get dropped and I end up with a heavy piece of metal?

Thanks,

Enrique

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Hello fellow bikers,

I was about to buy an Orbea Wild M10, and one review got me thinking for a minute.

Since it is embedded, how sustainable would it be to replace the battery in a few years? Other models have a battery that can be extracted, but not this Orbea. Could support get dropped and I end up with a heavy piece of metal?

Thanks,

Enrique
When they talk about the battery being none removable, they don't mean entirely non removable, they just mean that it's not easily removable.

The battery is removable, you just have to remove the motor to get it out, so it's not something you could do quickly on the trail etc, but it's perfectly feasible to remove the battery and replace with a new one if it fails, or wears out etc.

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Hello fellow bikers,

Thanks,

Enrique
Plenty of other makes also have batteries in the downtube which are only removeable after dropping the motor - saves weight/cost.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles