Orbea Price Increase 2021

Kyle_AZ_eMTB

Feb 5, 2021
Arizona
Awaiting my Orbea Wild and received this email from them.

Due to the current nature of the bike industry, we are forced to raise our prices on new bikes, effective immediately. With respect to the support you’ve shown us and our commitment to you, we are honoring your original purchase price on your reserved WILD FS H10 20mph, and we require that you confirm your identity to guarantee that price. Simply click the below button to get started.
By pressing the button below you can also let us know if you are no longer interested in your reservation and we will transfer this information to your distributor.

Guess I was fortunate to get my deposit in, and that they are honoring the price when it was placed.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
KTM, Riese&Muller, Flyer,... have done the same.
Looks like the market will continue to be overheated for the remainder of the year still. Next year, there will be an abundance of second hand deals.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Awaiting my Orbea Wild and received this email from them.

Due to the current nature of the bike industry, we are forced to raise our prices on new bikes, effective immediately. With respect to the support you’ve shown us and our commitment to you, we are honoring your original purchase price on your reserved WILD FS H10 20mph, and we require that you confirm your identity to guarantee that price. Simply click the below button to get started.
By pressing the button below you can also let us know if you are no longer interested in your reservation and we will transfer this information to your distributor.

Guess I was fortunate to get my deposit in, and that they are honoring the price when it was placed.

Is that message from Orbea or your LBS? That's great that they are honoring the price. That's the right thing for them to do since you already had it ordered. Good, honest shops can be hard to come by. My son picked up a Wild last month after an agonizing search. The LBS had a 2020 M20 in his size that they were blowing out for $5600. He went back and forth with them, yes we have it, no, we don't have it, yes we do. Before he could actually pin them down and get a deposit on it, they sold it to someone else. They were apologetic and offered him a 2021 Wild H20 for 20% off. He got a killer deal on that bike that they really didn't have to do. Good guys. It helped that I bought a Rise from them two weeks earlier. Unfortunately like Jerry said, many manufacturers are raising the prices, normal inflation on top of huge demand. You're going to love the Wild. It's an awesome bike.

Kyle_AZ_eMTB

Feb 5, 2021
Arizona
It was a strange email direct from Orbea. My information had been passed on from my LBS to them. I thought maybe it was some kind of spam or phishing email that got through my filter. The opening paragraph mentioned the deposit I had at "LBS name". Once I confirmed via the link that I still wanted the bike they said that all other communication would direct from my LBS. I'm guessing they are offering a rebate, or select amount of units to the LBS at their previous dealer cost. Good on Orbea to take that extra communication off the LBS. Just wish they would have given me an updated eta :cautious:

Glad to her your son got taken care of, and not turned off from that LBS. Sound like they just made a long-term customer out of him.

All-in-all, it's a pretty crazy bike market. The LBS's in my town never go down from list. I actually ordered this bike from a state away. They gave me a 10% discount and included shipping. There is no Orbea dealer in my hometown. That said, my LBS I frequent for service and supplies is "against" ebikes. They don't stock them and were not excited about ordering me one. The quoted delivery wasn't in their favor anyways. I was looking at a Trek Rail and was told Nov 2021 delivery.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Loyal customers of both of us. I already sent another guy over there to buy a bike and my son sent someone over there too. That's the way to operate a business. A bike shop that is "against" ebikes isn't going to last long. They are a huge part of the market now and growing. Hope you get your bike soon.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
I got the same message a few days ago from Orbea for the Rise, just to confirm I still wanted the bike. I already have it held at my LBS with my CC at the original lower price, even though my CC hasn’t been charged. When an invoice attached to a CC is already generated at a certain amount, you are locked in at that amount. I do feel lucky to have saved $600, because I was turned off by Specialized increases and the fact that I missed that boat.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles