OChain on a Bosch Gen4

mtb-steve

Nov 4, 2021
Cumbria
When I turn the pedal forward from that point, it turns the wheel even more. I think you are spinning your cranks the reverse way
🙄 I think you're taking the piss now 🙂
No, rear wheel spinning fast then turn the crank slowly forwards.
With my rear wheel spinning I can pull or push my chain as much as I want and it doesn't move the cranks at all.

cableguy

Sep 24, 2021
SoCal
If you turn your pedal forwards, it's designed to engage. If it didn't when you pedal, the bike wouldn't move when as and when you want it to and you'd be like @Doomanic in his leotard on his cyclotrainer thing getting sweaty for no reason.

If you don't want the wheel to engage when you PEDAL, when do you want it to engage ??

For reference :

View attachment 78660

Then you are not explaining yourself correctly. You said "forwards."

Chain growth causes chain to pull your cranks, which essentially forces you to push the pedal/cranks forward to keep your feet level. Freewheel action you are describing doesn't come into play. Unless you decide to manually rotate your pedals/cranks in reverse direction.

cableguy

Sep 24, 2021
SoCal
🙄 I think you're taking the piss now 🙂
No, rear wheel spinning fast then turn the crank slowly forwards.
With my rear wheel spinning I can pull or push my chain as much as I want and it doesn't move the cranks at all.

Get your wheel spinning as fast you want. Doesn't matter. Keep your one hand on a pedal. Now use the other hand to pull the chain in opposite direction. Your pedal/cranks will be pulled in opposite direction.

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Get your wheel spinning as fast you want. Doesn't matter. Keep your one hand on a pedal. Now use the other hand to pull the chain in opposite direction. Your pedal/cranks will be pulled in opposite direction.
The chain only pulls If the rear wheel is locked up, if the rear wheel is turning then the chain just passes over the casette and the distance between the rear wheel and the chain ring increases without any pull on the cranks

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yes Because you're applying drive force.
FFS.
Ochain will do exactly the same when its float becomes locked out as pedalling force is applied As will any other crank based freewheel.

Ride your bike instead of doing pointless "experiments" on it in your bike stand.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@Moderator is this an xmas joke ?!?!

This guy has 10 posts, 9 of which are talking complete bollox about something which is snake oil and has the audacity to complain that people are saying things incorrectly when they directly respond to his BS and quote it (with an extra "S" if we're going to be picky).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles