NOBBY NIC Wearing Out, What Tire Next?

Woodyc

Dec 11, 2021
So Cal
My original rear Nobby Nic (29x2.6) on my Rail 5 is wearing out and I'll soon need a replacement. I'm in So Cal and ride mostly dry loose over hard pack with some rocky sections. Not sure what tire to go with next. Any suggestions?

Roy D

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
Southern California
I’m out in so cal. Loving my dfh 2.5 rear. I always considered this to aggressive and slow for our trails, but the extra weight of the ebike helps carry speed. And I really like the 2.5 instead of the 2.6.

3CB52EB8-8FF3-4D44-B8FA-84853D743AE6.jpeg

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
If that is the type of soil that turns into good, old-fashioned SoCal Blue Groove on a MX track I would go fo Maxxis Rekon. Fast rolling with a nice transition. If it is deeper loose stuff but still with a hard base then maybe Maxxis Aggressor.
Saying that, I am partial to the Schwalbe Hans Dampf - great performance but are softer than the Maxxis.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
My original rear Nobby Nic (29x2.6) on my Rail 5 is wearing out

I like Nobby Nic's on my Amish bike. They're probably my favorite, as they provide good traction and roll fairly fast. On the EMTB, rolling resistance isn't as big a deal for me. I've settled in to DHR II's on the back, and Assegai's on the front. They're totally predictable and hook up great. The only downside is that the DHR II's wear pretty quickly if you're slamming big rocks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles