Newbie with Mountain Trike

Bakersteve

Aug 10, 2024
Uk
Hi All,

Thanks for letting me join.
My wife has just taken charge of a new Mountain Trike with a Befang controller and a M510 motor.
Previously she has had an electric road trike which is was a much simpler piece of kit.
Based in Norfolk, UK.
Steve

Bakersteve

Aug 10, 2024
Uk
testing.jpg

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
That looks interesting. It's not quite what I was expecting as a mountain trike. How much can it cope with trail wise? I'm a trike user, too but mine is a recumbent. I've managed to end up underneath it twice so far.

Bakersteve

Aug 10, 2024
Uk
It’s my wife’s bike, new to her and replaced an electric road trike that she has had for 6 years. She doesn’t do a lot of trail work, mainly road or beach and she had a few tumbles in the early days on the old one till she mastered it 😃. Carole has MS (fairly active) and so These bikes are a lifeline.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
You would have to think that this sort of bike would be more likely to tip over than two wheeled bike assuming you have the ability to ride a bike two wheels.

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
It's a great idea for balance issues to ride with three wheels. I ride a trike because I've got a knee that bends when it wants to and isn't really under my control, so stopping and putting a foot down is a problem. I was wondering about the stability of an upright compared to a recumbent. Does the outside wheel tend to lift on the corners? How fast feels safe? It's just curiosity, I wouldn't swap my Scorpion now I I've got used to the comfy seat! I ride easy trails and roads, they do have to be a bit wider than two wheel riders need.

HandsomeDanNZ

Jun 16, 2024
Auckland NZ
When I read Mountain Trike, I expected a bike more like a Bowhead.
I wasn't expecting a 3 wheel fat bike with triple clamp forks! That thing looks awesome.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles